This easy Vegan BLT with Avocado is so good, you won't miss the bacon! Made with a flavorful roasted red pepper tahini spread.
This Vegan BLT with Avocado is an easy lunch. It has a balance of flavors.
I used tofu bacon to make this sandwich. After making some almond bacon a while back, I knew I would have to use the marinade on tofu also. It has a sweet and smoky flavor from maple syrup and liquid smoke.
I added a roasted red pepper spread for a sweet and savory flavor. If you thin it with water after refrigerating it, it can also be used as a salad dressing.
A similar sandwich is my Vegan Eggplant BLT Sandwich.
- Tofu bacon: I used homemade tofu bacon. You could also use Eggplant Bacon, tempeh bacon, store-bought vegan bacon, or your favorite vegan bacon recipe.
- Avocado: Adds creaminess. You could leave it out to make it a classic Vegan BLT.
- Tomato: I used an heirloom tomato. Use your favorite.
- Lettuce: I used a spring lettuce mix. Use your favorite greens.
- Bread: I used Cook's Gluten-Free Sourdough French Bread. It is delicious!
- Roasted red pepper tahini spread: Adds a sweet rich flavor. You can thin it down and use it as a dressing like I did for my Red Lentil Pasta Salad with Roasted Red Pepper. You could also use vegan mayo or hummus.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
5 Secrets to Vegan Cooking
Free 5 Part Email Series to Elevate Your Vegan Cooking
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Step 1: Drizzle olive oil on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Slice red pepper in half.
Drizzle a little more olive oil on top.
Step 2: Bake for 25 minutes, or until charred. Let cool and remove the skin.
Step 3: Add the roasted red pepper and the rest of the ingredients to a food processor. Blend until smooth and creamy.
Step 4: Drain and press the tofu. Mix ingredients for marinade in a deep bowl or large baking dish.
Step 5: Place sliced tofu in the marinade, then fry it in a skillet or bake it on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
Step 6: Toast bread, if desired. Spread roasted red pepper tahini spread on toasted bread.
Step 7: Layer lettuce, then avocado slices. Smush down the avocado with a fork. Salt the avocado.
Step 8: Layer tomato and tofu bacon on top. Top with the other piece of toast.
This Vegan BLT sandwich can be packaged for lunch to eat the next day. The tofu bacon will last 4-5 days in an airtight container in the fridge. The roasted red pepper tahini spread will last about 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
If you tried this Vegan BLT with Avocado Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
I originally posted this recipe on May 31, 2016. I added new photos and text when I republished it.
Vegan BLT with Avocado
Roasted Red Pepper Spread
Roasted Red Pepper Spread
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Drizzle olive oil in a pan. Slice red pepper in half, remove seeds, and place with skin facing up on pan. Drizzle a little more olive oil on top. Roast @ 450° for about 25 minutes, or until charred. Remove skin after peppers have cooled.
- Mix all roasted pepper spread ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Refrigerate overnight so mixture will thicken.
- Spread red pepper mixture on a slice of bread. Layer tofu bacon, sliced avocado, sliced tomato, and lettuce on top. Top with another slice of bread or enjoy open faced.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.