These Vegetable Fritters make a great appetizer or meal. If you have vegetables to use up, these are a great way to use them up.
I got the idea for these Vegetable Fritters after making a Chickpea Omelet Two Ways. They are similar in that they both have chickpea flour and vegetables, but their flavor profile is a bit different. The Chickpea Omelets have a “cheesy” flavor from nutritional yeast. Even though they are a vegan omelet, they are a lot like a flatbread.
I love how versatile chickpea flour is. There are so many ways to use it.
If you love Indian food, like I do, I probably don’t have to tell you how great pakoras are, which contain chickpea flour. They are one of my favorite appetizers to get when I eat at Indian restaurants.
Now that would be a fun recipe to make! I have a feeling I would want pakoras every night if I started making them.
This is one of those dishes that if you have vegetables to use up in the fridge, this is a great way to get rid of them. You could use almost any vegetable you want here, keeping in mind the water content of the vegetable, which will change the consistency of the batter.
I don’t have kids, but I bet they will love these. The great thing about Vegetable Fritters is that you can hide loads of veggies in the batter. Even the pickiest eaters who claim to hate veggies won’t realize all the vegetables they are eating.
Corn and red pepper add a sweet element to these Vegetable Fritters, while red onion, chickpea flour, and a bunch of spices add a savory element.
Since I love spicy food, I paired these with one of my latest dressings, Vegan Chipotle Ranch Dressing. Anytime that I can sneak some spice into a dish, I am all over it. The spiciness of the chipotle pairs nicely with the sweet corn and other ingredients in these fritters.
If Vegan Chipotle Ranch Dressing is too spicy for your tastebuds or your kiddos, check out my Vegan Ranch Dressing – it is quite tame! It has all the same fresh herbs without the spicy smoky flavor.
These Vegetable Fritters are packed with flavor! Vegan Chipotle Dressing adds a spicy touch. Click To Tweet
These Vegetable Fritters are fast and easy to make. I ate them for dinner, but they would also work well as an appetizer or snack.
*Affiliate links below. If you make a purchase through these links, I will receive a small commission. This is at no extra cost to you.
Makes approx. 10 fritters
- 3/4 cup chickpea flour (garbanzo bean flour)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 3/4 cup chopped red pepper
- 3/4 cup corn
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- vegetable oil
- Vegan Chipotle Ranch Dressing (optional)
- Mix dry ingredients. Add water and whisk until all the clumps are out. Fold vegetables into batter.
- Heat pan on medium high heat. Add enough vegetable oil to cover the pan. Spoon some of the batter on the pan, fitting as many fritters as you can on the pan you use. Cook until browned. You should be able to lift the fritter easily when it is ready. Flip and cook the other side. Repeat with the rest of the batter, adding more oil as needed.
- Serve with Vegan Chipotle Ranch Dressing.