These Cherry Filled Chocolates are better than store-bought! The creamy filling oozes out when you bite into one. Made with only 4 ingredients!
These Cherry Filled Chocolates have the flavor of chocolate-covered cherries, but in chocolate cup form. These candies have a cherry inside and a sweet creamy filling that oozes out.
The chocolate coating is made with dark chocolate and coconut oil. The cherry filling is made with fresh or frozen cherries, sweetened condensed coconut milk, and salt.
Another chocolate recipe to try is my chocolate bark with coconut and almond.
Soda with cherries is a healthy alternative to regular soda.
- Cherries: You can use fresh or frozen.
- Sweetened condensed coconut milk: Adds a sweet, rich, creamy flavor. A substitute would be maple syrup mixed with coconut milk.
- Salt: Enhances sweetness.
- Chocolate: I used dark chocolate baking chunks. You could also use semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Coconut oil: Makes the chocolate smooth and helps it harden. You don't have to use it.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the complete list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
📖 Variations / Additions
- Brandy or rum
- Cherry liqueur
- Vanilla extract
- Almond extract
- Cherry jam or cherry chia jam
- Powdered sugar, maple syrup, or another sweetener
- Coconut milk - you'll use less than the sweetened condensed coconut milk because it's thinner
- Coconut butter
- Almond butter
5 Secrets to Vegan Cooking
Free 5 Part Email Series to Elevate Your Vegan Cooking
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
- Mix cherries, sweetened condensed coconut milk, and salt in a high speed blender or Nutribullet.
- Pour into a plastic wrap-lined container and place in the freezer to set.
- Melt the dark chocolate baking chunks (or chocolate chips) in a heatproof bowl over a small saucepan with a couple of inches of water. (If you have a double boiler, use that.) Alternatively, you can melt at 30 second intervals in the microwave.)
- Add the coconut oil and mix well.
- Pour a tablespoonful of chocolate into each of the cupcake liners so that it goes up the sides.
- Pour a spoonful of cherry filling into the chocolate filled cupcake liner. Continue with the rest of the cherry filling.
- Place a cherry on top of each cherry-filled cup.
- Pour a tablespoonful of chocolate over the cherry filling.
- Place in the fridge to set.
You can store these in the fridge or freezer. I do not recommend leaving them out on the counter at room temperature. They'll last longer in the fridge and won't melt.
These chocolate cherry cups will last about a week in an airtight container in the fridge and several months in the freezer.
- You can use fresh or frozen cherries for this recipe.
- I personally would not use maraschino cherries because they are cloyingly sweet, but if you must, you must.
- If using frozen cherries, thaw and drain cherry juice first. The excess liquid will make the liquid center too wet.
- When making the cherry filling I lined a container with plastic wrap for easier cleanup.
- The cherry filling needs to go in the freezer to set, otherwise, it'll combine with the melted chocolate when filling the cups.
- If you prefer, you can microwave the dark chocolate at 30 second intervals until melted instead of heating on the stove.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
These cherry chocolates are made with sweetened condensed coconut milk mixed with cherries and coated with a dark chocolate coating.
🍫 Other Desserts
If you tried this Cherry Filled Chocolates Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Cherry Filled Chocolates
- 12 ounces dark chocolate baking chunks (2 ¼ cups)
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- If using frozen cherries, thaw and drain juices.
- Mix cherries, sweetened condensed coconut milk, and salt in a blender.
- Pour into a plastic wrap lined container and place Freeze several hours in the freezer to set.
- Place a heat proof bowl over a saucepan filled with water (or use a double boiler). Pour the dark chocolate baking chunks into the bowl over medium heat.*
- Stirring constantly, heat chocolate mixture until smooth and melted. Add coconut oil and turn off heat.
- Place 12 cupcake liners in a muffin pan or on a sheet pan. With a tablespoon sized spoon, spread a tablespoonful of melted chocolate into each cupcake liner, spreading chocolate up the sides of the cupcake liner.
- Pour a spoonful of cherry filling into chocolate filled cupcake liner. Repeat with the rest of the cherry filling.
- Place a cherry on top of each cherry filled cup.
- Pour a heaping tablespoonful of chocolate over each cherry filled chocolate cup. Let set in the fridge.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.