This sweet and savory Roasted Red Pepper Tahini Dressing is really versatile. Besides salads, use it as a dipping sauce or sandwich spread.
This Roasted Red Pepper Tahini Dressing is sweet and savory. It is super easy to make, especially if you use a store-bought roasted red pepper.
You could also roast a red pepper yourself, which takes very little time. I often roast my own, but I also like to keep a jar of roasted red peppers in the fridge. They last for a long time and make great additions to a pasta salad or hummus.
Tahini dressing has always been one of my go-to dressings. Its savory flavor goes really well with sweet foods, like sweet potato and dried cranberries.
Adding roasted red pepper adds sweetness to the savory tahini. Lemon juice adds some brightness, and garlic adds even more savory flavor.
Use As a Dressing, Spread, or Dip
I forget which came first, this Roasted Red Pepper Tahini Dressing, or a variation of it as a spread for my Vegan BLAT.
- Red bell pepper: You could roast a fresh red pepper or use store-bought roasted red pepper.
- Tahini: Adds a creamy nutty flavor.
- Lemon juice: Balances out the flavors. Fresh lemon juice is best.
- Garlic: Adds a pungent flavor.
- Salt: Enhances flavors.
- Olive oil: Needed only if roasting a red pepper.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
5 Secrets to Vegan Cooking
Free 5 Part Email Series to Elevate Your Vegan Cooking
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Step 1: Drizzle olive oil on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Slice red pepper in half, scoop out seeds, and place skin facing up on parchment.
Drizzle a little more olive oil on top.
Step 2: Bake for 25 minutes, or until charred. Remove the skin after the pepper has cooled.
This creamy roasted red pepper tahini sauce will last about 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
- As a dip: crackers or raw veggies
- Over your pasta of choice: I like it on Red Pepper and Artichoke Pasta Salad
- As a spread on a sandwich: Vegan BLAT
- Over roasted veggies: Cauliflower Steaks
🥗 Other Easy Dressings
If you tried this Roasted Red Pepper Tahini Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
I originally posted this recipe on March 16, 2017. I added new photos and text when I republished it.
Roasted Red Pepper Tahini Dressing
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Drizzle olive oil parchment lined baking sheet. Slice red pepper in half, remove seeds, and place with skin facing up on pan. Drizzle a little more olive oil on top. Roast @ 450° for about 25 minutes, or until charred. Remove skin after peppers have cooled.
- Mix all ingredients in a food processor until smooth and creamy*.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.