This Vegan Honey Mustard Dressing tastes great on savory salads and works well as a dipping sauce. You can whip it up in minutes!
This Vegan Honey Mustard Dressing recipe has only four ingredients, and literally takes minutes to make. I included a version of this dressing in a recipe that I posted a while back - my Vegan Sweet Potato Salad.
Drizzle this over roasted veggies, dunk a sandwich in it, or leave out the apple cider vinegar and use it as a spread.
Since it is so easy to make, I make it often. What I really love about this dressing is that I can make a single serving of it. I whisk it up in the bowl that I eat my salad in. That way it coats the salad nicely and I only dirty one dish.
My favorite things to add to my salad are fruit, dried fruit, homemade herbed croutons, almond bacon, quinoa, and tofu feta, just to name a few. I like to have a variety of textures and a balance of flavors. Sweet and spicy or sweet and savory is always a win-win in my book.
My favorite salad is a Thai Salad with Peanut Dressing. I could practically drink the dressing!
- Agave syrup (agave nectar): Adds sweetness. You could also use brown rice syrup or maple syrup, which I have used many times.
- Dijon mustard: I like Dijon mustard, but you could use yellow mustard or spicy brown mustard. You could even use mustard powder, just keep in mind that a little goes a long way.
- Vegan mayo: Vegan mayonnaise adds a rich creamy flavor. I love Vegenaise by Follow Your Heart. You could also use extra virgin olive oil or vegetable oil.
- Apple cider vinegar: Adds a tangy flavor. You could also use rice vinegar, or red wine vinegar, or leave it out entirely.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
📖 Variations / Additions
- Vegan yogurt or vegan sour cream
- Lemon juice
- Maple syrup, brown rice syrup, or another sweetener
- Garlic powder or onion powder
- Herbs: dried or fresh parsley, chives, or dill
5 Secrets to Vegan Cooking
Free 5 Part Email Series to Elevate Your Vegan Cooking
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to get all the lumps out.
- Pour into an airtight container and place in the refrigerator.
🥗 Other Vegan Homemade Salad Dressings
If you tried this Vegan Honey Mustard Dressing Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
I originally posted this recipe on August 26, 2017. I added new photos and text when I republished it.
Vegan Honey Mustard Dressing
- Whisk all ingredients until blended.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.