This healthy Banana Chia Pudding is perfect for breakfast, dessert, or a snack. It is packed with nutrients.
Chia pudding is quickly becoming like hummus around my house - I always have some in stock these days. If you search for either on my site you'll find a multitude of recipes, guaranteeing at least one to suit your taste buds.
This Banana Chia Pudding came about because I had a craving for banana pudding. I remember loving it as a kid.
It was up there with chocolate pudding, which says a lot. I LOVE chocolate anything.
This recipe is so simple yet so satisfying. It definitely satisfied my banana pudding craving.
The cool part is that this is way healthier than the pudding I had as a kid. This is so healthy that it can be eaten for breakfast or dessert.This healthy Banana Chia Pudding is perfect for breakfast, dessert, or a snack. It is packed with nutrients. Click To Tweet
If you've never had chia seeds before, they are slightly nutty, but are neutral enough in flavor that they can be made into chia jam, crackers, and pudding. They are high in fiber, protein, vitamins and minerals.
If you're having chia pudding for the first time, I recommend blending it so that you'll get the pudding consistency that you're used to. If you like the taste, then the next time you can try it without blending it to see if you like the chia pudding consistency.
What to Do With Chia Seeds?
Unless you buy chia seeds in the bulk, you'll have a good amount of chia seeds to use up. Here are other ways to use them.
- Egg replacer in baked goods, pancakes, and French toast
- Chia fresca
- Homemade jam
How Long Does Chia Pudding Last?
Chia pudding will last about 4-5 days in the fridge. If I have leftover chia pudding and am not in the mood for it, I will add it to my morning smoothie to use it up.
How To Make Banana Chia Pudding
Mix chia seeds with almond milk. Full fat coconut milk tastes great too. Let it sit so that chia seeds can get gelatinous.
Next, add vanilla extract, maple syrup or stevia, salt, and banana.
Tips For Making Banana Chia Pudding
- Let chia seeds sit in liquid for at least an hour so that they can get gelatinous.
- Mix the banana chia pudding in a high speed blender or Nutribullet to get a smooth, creamy consistency like a traditional pudding.
- Taste as you go. You may want more or less sweetener or banana. You may also want to start with less liquid. The banana makes this chia pudding a little looser than most chia puddings. After you add the banana, you can let it sit overnight to thicken up even more.
Other Chia Puddings
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Chia Pudding
- Tropical Chia Pudding
- Neapolitan Chia Pudding
- Almond Chia Pudding
Banana Chia Pudding
This vegan chia pudding is a healthy way to start your day!
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
This is the Nutribullet that I have. It's perfect for making this chia pudding with a traditional creamy texture.
Banana Chia Pudding
- Mix chia seeds and almond milk. Let sit for at least an hour in the fridge.
- Add banana, vanilla extract, maple syrup, and salt. Mix in a Nutribullet or high speed blender for a creamy consistency, or by hand for a textured consistency. If you let it sit in the fridge overnight, it will get even thicker.
- Top with sliced banana.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.