This healthy Neapolitan Chia Pudding can be eaten for breakfast or dessert. It is easy to make and great for on-the-go!
This Neapolitan Chia Pudding can be made the night before. It is quick and easy to make - perfect for weeknights.
Whoever came up with Neapolitan ice cream was pretty smart, since strawberry, chocolate, and vanilla go so well together. This vegan chia pudding is no exception. The flavors are in perfect harmony with each other.
Overnight oats are great for making ahead also. I fell in love with them when I made some Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats for an overnight trip out of town.
Chia pudding is portable, which is another bonus. Just like my overnight oats, they are great for taking on a trip.
Breakfast can be the hardest meal of the day for a vegan road trip. I no longer rely on restaurants because I usually fill up on a fruit bowl and hash browns, only to be hungry an hour or two later. Not to mention I usually need a nap afterward.
So now I make chia pudding or overnight oats beforehand and am all set for the road.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- It has the perfect balance of flavors. Chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry, what's not to love?
- It can be made the night before; perfect for meal prepping during the week.
- It is portable, which makes it great for road trips or on-the-go.
- Chia seeds: Get gelatinous in liquid. They work great for making a pudding.
- Almond milk: You can use chocolate, vanilla, or plain almond milk. You could also use another dairy-free milk.
- Cacao powder (or cocoa powder): Adds chocolate flavor.
- Vanilla extract: Enhances flavor.
- Almond extract: Adds a fruity flavor. You could leave it out.
- Stevia: Adds sweetness. I used stevia to keep it sugar-free. You could use maple syrup, agave syrup, or date paste or a different sugar-free sweetener.
- Chia seeds: Get gelatinous in liquid.
- Almond milk: I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk. You could also use another dairy-free milk.
- Vanilla extract: Enhances flavor.
- Stevia: Adds sweetness. I used stevia to keep it sugar-free. You could use maple syrup, agave syrup, date paste, or a different sugar-free sweetener.
Strawberry Chia Jam (Strawberry Layer)
- Strawberries: I used fresh strawberries, but you could also use frozen strawberries.
- Chia seeds: Get gelatinous in liquid. It works great to make jam.
- Agave syrup: Adds sweetness. You could also you stevia to keep it sugar-free, or leave out the sweetener altogether.
- More fresh strawberries
- Cacao nibs
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
5 Secrets to Vegan Cooking
Free 5 Part Email Series to Elevate Your Vegan Cooking
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
- Chocolate Layer: Mix chia seeds and almond milk. Let sit for about 1 hour in the fridge.
- Mix in cacao powder, vanilla extract, almond extract, and stevia.
- Vanilla Layer: Mix chia seeds and almond milk. Let sit for about 1 hour in the fridge.
- Mix in vanilla extract and stevia.
- Strawberry Chia Jam: Mix ingredients in a food processor.
- Assemble: In two 8 ounce mason jars, layer into each half the chocolate chia pudding, half the vanilla chia pudding, and the strawberry chia jam.
- Garnish with strawberries and cacao nibs.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
Chia seeds get gelatinous when you soak them, just like in this chia seed pudding recipe.
Chia pudding will last 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
Other Vegan Chia Pudding Recipes
If you tried this Neapolitan Chia Pudding Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Neapolitan Chia Pudding
- ½ cup Strawberry Chia Jam (see below)
- 6 chopped strawberries
- 4 teaspoons cacao nibs
- Mix chia seeds and almond milk. Let sit in the fridge for at least an hour. Mix in cacao powder, vanilla extract, almond extract, and stevia.
- Mix chia seeds and almond milk. Let sit in the fridge for at least an hour. Mix in vanilla extract and stevia.
Strawberry Chia Jam
- Mix all ingredients in a food processor. Let sit for at least an hour.
- Divide puddings between two 8 ounce mason jars. Layer into each ½ of the chocolate chia pudding, then ½ of the vanilla chia pudding. On top of the vanilla chia pudding layer 4 tablespoons Strawberry Chia Jam. Garnish with chopped strawberries and cacao nibs.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.