This easy Superfood Smoothie Bowl is rich and creamy. Made with superfood powders, blueberries, and bananas, it is a healthy way to start your day.
This Superfood Smoothie Bowl tastes like dessert, but it is a healthy treat. Superfood powders give this smoothie bowl a boost of nutrients.
It is rich, chocolaty, thick, and creamy. It's a great way to start your day.
I always start my day with a smoothie. There are times that I end my day with a smoothie bowl when I feel like something sweet but want it to be healthy.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- It is sweet and fruity.
- It's made in minutes.
- It is a healthy way to start your day.
- Frozen banana: Adds a creamy consistency. I like to keep bananas in the freezer at all times. As soon as they ripen, peel them and place them in freezer bags or a freezer-safe container in the freezer.
- Blueberries: You could use fresh or frozen berries.
- Superfood powders: I used maca powder, cacao powder (or cocoa powder), mushroom powder blend, and matcha green tea powder. You could use any combination you like.
- Chia seeds: Add protein and fiber.
- Oat milk: I like oat milk for the flavor. You could use almond milk, soy milk, or any non-dairy milk you like. You could also use juice. You only need a small amount of liquid because you want a thick consistency.
- Toppings: I used chocolate chips, strawberries, and coconut chips. Use your favorite toppings.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
📖 Variations / Additions
- Berries: strawberries, raspberries, blackberries
- Tropical fruit: pineapple, kiwi, acai, pomegranate
- Seeds: flax seeds, hemp seeds, or pumpkin seeds
- Nuts: almonds, walnuts, pecans, or pistachios
- Granola: coconut granola, vanilla almond granola, or grain-free granola
- Candied Cocoa Nibs
- Vegan yogurt
- Maple syrup or dates
- Protein powder or an all-in-one shake
- Probiotic powder
- Beet powder
- Turmeric, ginger, cinnamon
- Other plant-based milk
5 Secrets to Vegan Cooking
Free 5 Part Email Series to Elevate Your Vegan Cooking
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Step 3: Pour into a bowl and top with sliced strawberries, coconut chips, and chocolate chips or your favorite toppings.
❄️ Can I Freeze It?
You could, but I don't recommend it. Smoothie bowls are best made fresh to keep the nutrients. When you freeze it the texture isn't as creamy.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
This smoothie bowl is made with frozen fruit, oat milk, and superfood powders.
A smoothie has a consistency that is thin enough to drink. A smoothie bowl is thick enough that you can eat it with a spoon and it has toppings like fruit, seeds, nuts, and coconut.
You can use less dairy-free milk and add more frozen fruit. You can also add vegan yogurt, rolled oats, nut butter, avocado, or chia seeds to thicken a smoothie bowl.
If you tried this Superfood Smoothie Bowl Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Like the coconut bowl that I shot this in? Use code WMOON to get a 10% discount!
Superfood Smoothie Bowl
- Mix all ingredients in a high speed blender.
- Top with chocolate chips, sliced strawberries, and coconut chips.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.