This Almond Chia Pudding is a healthy breakfast or a snack. Make it the night before for a quick breakfast.
This Almond Chia Pudding is sweet and creamy. It is a healthy way to start your day!
I will admit, I wasn't the biggest fan of chia pudding when I first tried it. The consistency took a little getting used to, but after playing around with some flavor combinations, I have fallen in love with chia pudding.
For this chia pudding recipe, I blended the ingredients so that it has the consistency of a traditional pudding.
Chia seeds become gelatinous when soaked in water, just like flax seeds. Both seeds make a wonderful binder, so they are often used in place of eggs. I have used both types of seeds in smoothies and crackers.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- It is creamy and flavorful.
- It is healthy and satisfying.
- It is super easy to make.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Almond milk: I used unsweetened almond milk because I like to control the amount of sweetener.
- Chia seeds: Get gelatinous in liquid.
- Almonds: I made this recipe with both almonds and almond flour when I didn't have almonds. Both work.
- Vanilla extract: Enhances flavors.
- Almond extract: Adds a fruity flavor. You can leave it out.
- Maple syrup: You could also use dates or agave syrup.
- Salt: Enhances sweetness.
Step 1: Mix almond milk and chia seeds. Let it sit for about an hour.
Step 3: In a Nutribullet or high speed blender, mix ground almonds or almond flour, almond milk with chia seeds, vanilla extract, almond extract, and maple syrup. Blend to a smooth consistency.
Alternatively, you can mix by hand. I like this pudding blended because it has a traditional pudding consistency.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
Chia pudding has a creamy gelatinous texture. It takes on the flavors that are added to the chia pudding. This almond chia pudding recipe is sweet and nutty.
Chia pudding will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for about 5 days.
Other Chia Pudding Recipes
If you tried this Almond Chia Pudding Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
This recipe was originally published on April 9, 2016. I've added new photos and more text.
Almond Chia Pudding
- Coffee grinder
- Soak chia seeds in almond milk for at least an hour.
- In a coffee grinder or NutriBullet with nut grinder attachment, grind almonds until they are a fine powder.
- To the soaked chia seeds, add ground almonds, maple syrup or dates, vanilla extract, almond extract, and salt. Mix in a food processor or NutriBullet until smooth. Top with sliced almonds.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.