These Lemon Cheesecake Overnight Oats are sweet, rich, and tangy. It tastes just like lemon cheesecake, but it is a healthy breakfast.
Made with homemade vegan cream cheese and graham crackers, this Lemon Cheesecake Overnight Oats tastes like lemon cheesecake.
It has a fresh lemon flavor and a creamy texture, balanced with bits of crunchy graham crackers. Even though it tastes like dessert it is quite healthy.
Surprisingly, it is one of my favorite flavors of overnight oats that I've made. Normally I gravitate to all things chocolate.
It's perfect if you like to meal prep. Add blueberries for a blueberry lemon cheesecake overnight oats.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- It is sweet, rich, and tangy.
- This healthy overnight oats recipe is simple and easy to make.
- It's the perfect breakfast for busy mornings when you need to get out the door fast!
- Rolled oats: Rolled oats (old-fashioned oats) work best for overnight oats, but you could also use quick oats or steel-cut oats. Quick oats will have less texture. Steel-cut oats will have more texture and will need to sit for the full 8 hours or more. I used gluten-free rolled oats.
- Almond milk: I used unsweetened almond milk because I like to control the amount of sweetness. You could also use oat milk, cashew milk, or another dairy-free milk. I also tried this recipe with soy milk and it didn't curdle, but that might have been because I also used vegan yogurt in it.
- Vegan yogurt: I used unsweetened vegan coconut milk yogurt. You could also use vegan plain Greek yogurt.
- Vanilla extract: Enhances flavors.
- Pure maple syrup: Adds sweetness. You could also use agave syrup, date paste, or another sweetener.
- Lemon zest and lemon juice: Add a tart flavor and are the best part of this recipe. I used fresh lemon juice. Organic lemons are best for zesting, but if they are hard to find in your local grocery stores, make sure to wash them thoroughly. I do not recommend store-bought lemon juice because it contains additives.
- Vegan cream cheese: I used my Homemade Vegan Cashew Cream Cheese recipe. I tried this with store-bought vegan cream cheese and I didn't like it, so if you don't want to make the homemade vegan cream cheese, I would leave it out. The homemade version adds a tangy flavor and protein from the cashews. It goes well with the tangy flavor of the lemon zest and lemon juice, whereas the store-bought was thick, dense, and didn't have the same tangy flavor.
- Graham crackers: I used vegan gluten-free graham crackers which I found at my local grocery store. You can also order them online.
To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
📖 Variations / Additions
- Chia seeds
- Vanilla protein powder
- Fresh berries: fresh blueberries, raspberries, or strawberries
- Nuts: walnuts, almonds, or pecans
5 Secrets to Vegan Cooking
Free 5 Part Email Series to Elevate Your Vegan Cooking
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Step 1: In a large mason jar or other airtight container, add rolled oats, almond milk, vegan yogurt, vanilla extract, maple syrup, salt, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
Step 2: Stir to combine and let sit overnight.
Step 3: The next morning pour ½ of the graham cracker crumbs in a small bowl or jar.
Step 4: Then ½ of the homemade vegan cream cheese.
Step 5: On top of the vegan cream cheese layer the overnight oat mixture.
Step 6: Top with more vegan cream cheese.
Step 7: Top with more of the crumbled graham cracker.
Make sure to zest your lemon before juicing it.
These overnight oats taste best straight from the fridge but you can heat them up if you wish. To heat them, remove the lid and microwave at 30 second intervals until warmed to your liking.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
Overnight oats are meant to be eaten cold, but if cold oatmeal isn't your thing, you could try heating them up.
This overnight oatmeal will last 3 days in an airtight container in the fridge. I recommend adding the crumbled graham crackers right before eating.
More Vegan Overnight Oats
If you tried this Lemon Cheesecake Overnight Oats Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Lemon Cheesecake Overnight Oats
- ½ cup gluten-free rolled oats
- ½ cup almond milk
- ¼ cup unsweetened vegan yogurt - I used coconut vegan yogurt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Pinch salt
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons homemade vegan cream cheese (optional)
- 1-2 vegan gluten free graham crackers crushed
- In a mason jar or other airtight container, add rolled oats, almond milk, vegan yogurt, vanilla extract, maple syrup, salt, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Stir. Let sit overnight in the fridge.
- In a small bowl or jar, pour ½ of the crushed graham crackers.
- Next, layer ½ of the homemade vegan cream cheese.
- On top of the vegan cream cheese layer overnight oats.
- Then add more vegan cream cheese.
- Top with more crushed graham crackers.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.