Peanut butter and banana are a marriage made in heaven. This vegan Peanut Butter Banana Porridge is perfect for curling up with a blanket on the couch and binge watching Netflix. It is a warm and hearty meal.
Are you looking for an easy hot meal to warm you up this Winter? Well you’ve come to the right place. This Peanut Butter Banana Porridge is perfect for curling up with a blanket and binging on Netflix.
Doesn’t that sound heavenly? All warm and toasty in your pjs being lazy and watching movies all day.
You can probably tell that I haven’t had a movie binge session for awhile. Something to look forward to…
A Marriage Made in Heaven
Peanut butter and banana are one of those combinations that belong together, like maple and chipotle or raspberries and chocolate. This vegan gluten free porridge will jump-start you for whatever you need to accomplish. It is packed with nutrients to fuel you for the day.
Or, as I drifted off into dreamland a little while ago, this porridge can get you ready for a day of being lazy and watching your favorite shows all day. That sounds like a perfect Sunday to me.
The Walking Dead is having a marathon today and tomorrow and it is calling my name! (I am writing this the day before the midseason premiere, so I am just a tad bit excited.)
This porridge comes together pretty quickly. I would advise keeping an eye on it and stirring it constantly. Since it has ground flax seeds, it is quite sticky and will stick to the sides of the pan.
Just think of that stickiness as added fiber and protein, and hopefully it won’t bother you as much when you are doing the dishes.
Banana adds sweetness along with a touch of maple syrup.
Perfect For Camping
This is the perfect camping breakfast because it’s warm and hearty. I don’t know about you, but where I go camping, it’s usually cold in the mornings. There’s nothing better than a warm meal to start your day before going on a hike.
It’s also nice when that warm meal comes together quickly.
Other Breakfast Recipes
- Matcha Banana Pancakes
- Mocha Almond Overnight Oats
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Chia Pudding
- Spicy Chickpea Scramble
Tips For Making Porridge
- Keep an eye on the porridge and stir it constantly.
- Soak the pan right away, the porridge is quite sticky since it has flax seeds.
- Taste as you go, you may want more or less peanut butter or maple syrup.
- You may want more almond milk. I like my porridge thick, so the amount listed is a starting point.
- Don’t skip the salt. It brings out the sweetness of the other ingredients.
*Affiliate links below. If you make a purchase through these links, I will receive a small commission. This is at no extra cost to you.
Peanut Butter Banana Porridge
Makes 2-4 servings (2 cups)
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats, ground
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds, ground
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk, or more depending upon desired consistency
- 1 banana, divided
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 pinches of salt
- Coconut flakes (optional)
- Combine ground oats, ground flax seeds, and almond milk in a sauce pan. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Add in half the banana, mashing it as you add it. Next, add peanut butter, maple syrup, and salt. Cook for about 5-10 minutes. Scoop into bowls.
- Slice the other half of banana and place on top of porridge. Top with coconut flakes, if using.