This Mocha Almond Overnight Oats is perfect for traveling or on the go. You get coffee and breakfast all in one!
If you have a busy morning, this Mocha Almond Overnight Oats is great way to start your day off right. It has everything you need: whole grains, protein, fiber, and caffeine to jump start your day.
Serve Hot or Cold
Even though this is an overnight oats recipe, you could really eat this right after making the coffee, and eat it hot. I like it hot or cold. After brewing the coffee, the oats just need to sit for a little while to soak up the coffee goodness.
Cold brewed coffee would also work great in this. I make it often because it is less acidic than regular brewed coffee.
- Gluten free rolled oats: Old fashioned rolled oats work best for overnight oats. They get soft enough while not being too mushy.
- Cacao powder: Adds a rich chocolaty flavor. You could also use cocoa powder.
- Agave syrup: I used agave syrup because it is one of my favorite sweeteners. You could also use maple syrup, dates, brown sugar, white sugar, or a sugar free sweetener
- Coffee: I like cold brew coffee because it is less acidic.
- Chia seeds: For protein and fiber. You could leave them out.
- Almond butter: Adds a nutty flavor and protein.
- Chocolate chips or chunks: For some dark rich chocolaty goodness. For a healthier version you could use cacao nibs.
This Mocha Almond Overnight Oats is perfect for on the go! Click To Tweet
Other Easy Breakfast Ideas
- Chocolate Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
- Chocolate Almond Pancakes
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
- Acai Berry Bowl
- Peanut Butter Banana Porridge
How to Make This Recipe
Mix cacao powder, chia seeds, agave syrup, almond butter, and rolled oats in a mason jar. Add coffee and eat right away or let cool and place in the fridge overnight.
Top with chocolate chips, chocolate chunks, or cacao nibs.
How Long Do Overnight Oats Need to Soak?
Place them in the fridge for a minimum of 3-4 hours up to 72 hours.
How to Store
These vegan overnight oats will last up to 3 days in the fridge.
- another nut butter
- vegan yogurt
- coconut milk
- nuts: almonds, pecans, walnuts
- shredded coconut
- vanilla extract
- protein powder
- flax seeds
- spices: cinnamon, nutmeg
This vegan overnight oats with chocolate, almond, and coffee is the perfect breakfast for on the go or traveling. Wake up while getting sustenance all at the same time.
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You may need:
Mocha Almond Overnight Oats
- Place oats, cacao powder, chia seeds, agave syrup, and almond butter in a 12 ounce mason jar. Stir ingredients together.
- Add brewed coffee. Let cool, then put in the fridge overnight.
- To serve, stir again, and add cacao nibs, dark chocolate chips, or dark chocolate chunks.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.
If you are gluten free you may want to avoid coffee altogether. I personally have never had a problem drinking it, and I have a gluten intolerance. It is probably because I drink whole bean organic coffee, and grind it myself.
I learned after posting my Vegan Bulletproof Coffee from some readers on Facebook that it can be problematic for people who don't tolerate gluten. So I did some research and one article mentioned to try organic whole bean coffee because it isn't highly processed causing cross-reactivity issues.
So please do the research yourself, and test it out. I try to only post recipes that are 100% gluten free since I have a gluten intolerance. I am really careful about avoiding gluten in my daily life, so this was all news to me.