This Raspberry Shrub is sweet and tart. It's perfect for entertaining and lasts for months; so it's perfect for drop in guests.
Shrub recipes have been my latest obsession. I have been adding a few tablespoonfuls to my kombucha or to a club soda.
They are a great way to use up fruit that's about to go bad. They are perfect for anyone who entertains a lot because they last for months. As long as you have club soda and a shrub on hand, you can whip up a flavored drink in seconds.
This Raspberry Shrub can be made with fresh or frozen raspberries, so it can be made any time of the year.
You could also add it to lemonade. A couple of my lemonade recipes are Vanilla Lemonade and Lavender Lemonade.
So what is a a shrub you ask.
What is a Shrub?
A shrub is a concentrated syrup that is made with a combination of fruit, sugar, and vinegar. The syrup can be added to mixed drinks or club soda.
This is an overview of the ingredients. For the full recipe with measurements and instructions go to the bottom of the page.
- Raspberries: Fresh or frozen raspberries taste great in a shrub, but you can use strawberries, blackberries, blueberries or whatever berries you want.
- Sugar: It wouldn't be a raspberry shrub recipe without sugar!
- Rice vinegar: Here I used rice vinegar because I always have it on hand. You could also use apple vinegar or red wine vinegar.
5 Secrets to Transforming Tofu
FREE 5 part email series to help you cook tofu like a pro.
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Step 1: Smush raspberries with sugar in a bowl. Let sit 24 hours.
Step 2: Strain and add rice vinegar. Whisk until the sugar is dissolved.
Use right away, or wait a week or two and the flavors will meld together and mellow more.
How to Use Shrub
Mix a tablespoon to a few tablespoonfuls of this raspberry shrub with club soda or mixed with your favorite liquor. You can also add it to homemade kombucha.
This. cold processed shrub will last for about 6 months in an air tight container in the fridge.
🥃 Other Shrub Recipes
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- ½ cup raspberries
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup rice vinegar
- Mash raspberries with sugar. Let sit 24 hours in the fridge. You can let it sit up to 3 days.
- Strain the raspberry mixture. Add rice vinegar. Whisk to combine until sugar is dissolved. Pour into a jar and store in the fridge.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.
Leave a Reply