Take your cocktail or mocktail to the next level with this sweet Strawberry Shrub recipe. Made with only 3 ingredients!
I have been making a lot of shrub recipes recently. I like to put them in club soda or homemade kombucha.
If you have fruit that's starting to go, a shrub is a perfect way to use it up. Shrubs last for months in the fridge, so you can enjoy them at your leisure.
They are nice to have around if you get unexpected guests.
This Strawberry Shrub is sweet and tart. In addition to adding it to club soda and kombucha, it makes a great addition to a cocktail.
What is a Shrub?
A shrub is a concentrated syrup that is made with a combination of fruit, sugar, and vinegar. The syrup can be added to mixed drinks or club soda.
- Strawberries: I used fresh strawberries. You could use either fresh or frozen.
- Sugar: I used white sugar because that's a key ingredient in a shrub.
- Vinegar: I used rice vinegar but you could also use apple cider vinegar or red wine vinegar.
5 Secrets to Transforming Tofu
FREE 5 part email series to help you cook tofu like a pro.
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Step 1: Smush strawberries with sugar in a bowl. Let it sit 24 hours.
Step 2: Strain and add rice vinegar. Whisk until the sugar is dissolved.
Use right away, or wait a week or two and the flavors will meld together and mellow more.
How to Use Shrub
Mix a tablespoon to a few tablespoonfuls of this strawberry shrub with club soda or mixed with your favorite liquor. You can also add it to homemade kombucha.
This cold processed shrub will last for about 6 months in an air tight container in the fridge.
🥃 Other Shrub Recipes
Say goodbye soda, hello shrub! This fruity tart syrup is the perfect addition to club soda for a customized soda experience.
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- ½ cup chopped strawberries
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup rice vinegar
- Mash strawberries with sugar. Let sit 24 hours in the fridge. You can let it sit up to 3 days.
- Strain the strawberry mixture. Add rice vinegar. Whisk to combine until sugar is dissolved. Pour into a jar and store in the fridge.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.
Leave a Reply