These vegan Tofu Sushi Rolls with Quinoa are sweet and savory - perfect for a weeknight meal.
Quinoa has always been a grain of choice for me. It is easy to make and it is high in protein. It is one of those grains that I like to include in a salad or use in place of rice.
Lately, I have been eating tofu and veggies wrapped in nori sheets in place of bread. So instead of making more wraps with nori, I thought some Tofu Sushi Rolls with Quinoa were in order.
Vegan sushi rolls are one of those easy go-to meals that I like to make when I want something quick, healthy and filling. They are like Vegetable Spring Rolls because I always have nori sheets and rice paper wraps in my pantry, so I can whip them up in no time.
Tamari and sesame oil are two ingredients that I love to cook tofu with. They both add a lot of flavor, so I always have them in my pantry. For these vegan sushi rolls, I used a sweet dipping sauce with sugar.
If you are looking to cut back on sugar, or want a sauce that isn't as sweet, I also have a dipping sauce that I used with my Avocado Sushi Rolls with Parsnip Rice. It has orange juice as the sweetener.
Other Asian Inspired Recipes
- Tofu and Thai Noodles with Peanut Sauce
- Baked Tofu Temaki Sushi with Cauliflower Rice
- Crispy Teriyaki Tofu and Cauliflower Rice
- Gluten Free Vegan Tempura
Tofu Sushi Rolls with Quinoa
If you are looking for an easy sushi recipe, you've come to the right place. These vegan sushi rolls couldn't be any easier!
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You May Need:
Tofu Sushi Rolls with Quinoa
Sweet Dipping Sauce
- 6 nori sheets
- 12 strips of red pepper
- Tofu: Drain and press tofu. Slice tofu on its side into thirds, then lay flat and cut into four squares. You will end up with 12 tofu squares (this makes them easy to flip.) Pour sesame oil in a hot pan. Add tofu and tamari. Cook both sides on medium heat until browned and slightly crispy.
- Quinoa: Rinse quinoa thoroughly. Bring quinoa and water to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook until water is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Heat brown rice vinegar, sugar, and tamari in a pan until the sugar dissolves. Pour over cooked quinoa, and mix thoroughly. Let cool.
- Sweet Dipping Sauce: Mix dipping sauce ingredients until sugar dissolves. Heat in a pan if necessary (or if you get impatient waiting for sugar to dissolve).
- Sushi Rolls: Lay a nori sheet out on a cutting board with the perforated lines going vertically (if your nori has perforated lines). Spread ½ cup quinoa on nori sheet, pressing quinoa into nori and leaving about ½" of the far side uncovered.
- Slice tofu squares in half so that you have 24 rectangular strips. Layer 4 tofu strips and 2 long red pepper slices on quinoa. Roll tightly away from you. Wet the uncovered edge so that the roll will stick. Slice on perforated lines with a serrated knife, or to the size of your liking. Repeat with the other rolls.
- Serve with sweet dipping sauce.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.