These fresh Vietnamese Vegetable Spring Rolls with Peanut Sauce are a quick easy meal. The peanut sauce is amazing!
Vegetable Spring Rolls with Peanut Sauce are one of my favorite go-to meals when I want a quick meal. They take only a few minutes to make so they are perfect for a weeknight meal.
I always make a large batch of Peanut Sauce so that I can eat some the next day.
The peanut sauce works well in a wrap or pinwheels, as a dressing on a salad, or mixed with Thai noodles and served hot. I've made the peanut sauce so many times that I know it by heart. Sometimes I switch it up by using brown rice vinegar or mirin instead of lime juice.These fresh Vietnamese Vegetable Spring Rolls with Peanut Sauce are a quick easy meal. The peanut sauce is amazing! Click To Tweet
Are Vegetable Spring Rolls Vegan?
This spring rolls recipe is not only vegan, but gluten free as well.
What Are Vegetable Spring Rolls Made Of?
Spring rolls typically have ingredients like cucumber, rice noodles, carrots, bean sprouts, green onions, cilantro, mint, and basil.
For this recipe I used julienned cucumber, carrots, sliced avocado, cilantro, and mint in rice spring roll wrappers.
How to Make Peanut Sauce
Mix peanut butter, sweet chili sauce, lime juice or brown rice vinegar, tamari, and sriracha sauce. Add water as needed.
How to Fold Vegetable Spring Rolls
- First, dip a rice paper wrapper in warm water. Lay flat on a cutting board or plate.
- Lay julienned cucumber, carrots, sliced avocado, cilantro, and mint in the middle of wrapper. Just like you are rolling a burrito, fold sides over, then the side closest to you.
- While tucking the veggies in tightly, roll away from you. The wrapper will dry and stick to itself.
Making spring rolls can take a little practice. You may tear a few wrappers while you get the hang of it. If you don't overstuff the spring rolls, you'll have a greater chance of making the perfect spring roll.
Use a sharp knife to cut them in half, if desired.
Other Vegan Meals Using The Peanut Sauce (Or a Variation of It)
Can These Vegetable Spring Rolls Be Made Ahead of Time?
You can do one of two things. If you are going to eat the spring rolls later in the day, you can place a wet towel over the spring rolls. Keep the spring rolls away from heat.
If you are going to eat your spring rolls the next day, wrap them tightly in plastic wrap. This option is perfect for brown bagging it to work.
The peanut sauce can be made several days ahead of time.
How to Prevent Vegetable Spring Rolls From Sticking
If your wrapper starts to stick to itself, dip your fingers in warm water and spread out the edges of the wrapper. You can also dunk the wrapper back in the warm water if it's sticking in several places.
These vegan spring rolls are an easy meal. Perfect for weeknights. The peanut sauce is so good you'll want to lick the bowl!
This post was originally posted on April 18, 2015. I added new photos, a video, and text when I republished it.
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You May Need:
Vegetable Spring Rolls with Peanut Sauce
Peanut Dipping Sauce
- 4 brown rice paper wrappers
- ½ cup carrots julienned
- ½ cup cucumbers julienned
- 1 avocado sliced
- ¼ cup mint leaves
- ¼ cup cilantro
- Peanut Dipping Sauce: Mix all ingredients together until smooth.
- Spring Rolls: Heat 2 cups of water on stove or in microwave until hot to the touch (approx. 3 ½ min.).
- After water is heated, put the water in a container that is large enough to hold the brown rice paper wraps.
- Dip one of the wraps in the water, turning until it is pliable.
- Put the wrap flat on a plate and fill with carrot, cucumber, avocado, mint and cilantro.
- Roll like you would a burrito, folding two of the sides in, then the other two. For photos on how to roll see my Tofu Spring Rolls with Peanut Dipping Sauce.
- Repeat with each wrapper.
- Serve with Peanut Dipping Sauce.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.