This healthy protein rich Spiced Quinoa Breakfast Bowl is made with almond milk and topped with fruit and nuts.
Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
If you would have told me several years ago that I’d not only be creating quinoa breakfast bowl recipes, but enjoying them as well, I’d have thought that you were crazy.
Years ago I only thought of quinoa as a savory food that should be paired with savory flavors. After making my Chocolate Quinoa Breakfast Bowl, I was hooked on pairing quinoa with sweet flavors.
This Spiced Quinoa Breakfast Bowl has cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg along with almond milk and maple syrup. I topped the vegan breakfast bowl with sliced Gala apple, chopped pecans, pomegranate seeds, and coconut chips.
The toppings that I chose went really well with the spiced flavors in the quinoa. This breakfast bowl is not only healthy, but hearty as well.
This healthy protein rich Spiced Quinoa Breakfast Bowl is made with almond milk and topping with fruit and nuts. Click To Tweet
Other Vegan Breakfast Recipes You Might Like
- Mocha Almond Overnight Oats
- Acai Berry Bowl
- Peanut Butter Banana Porridge
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
- Cacao Acai Bowl
Tips for Making a Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
- If you buy your quinoa in bulk, make sure to thoroughly rinse your quinoa. It contains saponin, which gives it a soapy or bitter taste if not rinsed. If you buy packaged quinoa, make sure that it says it was rinsed before packaging.
- Toast your quinoa for a more nutty flavor before adding liquid and cooking it.
- A quinoa bowl is somewhat similar to oatmeal in that some people prefer more liquid added. The difference with a quinoa bowl is that you add the extra liquid after cooking it, like cereal.
- As always, taste as you go. You may want more or less spices or sweetener.
- Add your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Spiced Quinoa Breakfast Bowl Recipe
Move over oatmeal, there’s another breakfast go-to grain in town! This vegan breakfast bowl is a protein packed breakfast.
*Don’t forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You May Need:
Spiced Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
- Fruit - I used Gala apple and pomegranate seeds
- Nuts - I used pecans
- Coconut chips or flakes - I used coconut chips
- Heat a pan on the stovetop. Add quinoa and toast for a few minutes (optional).
- Add almond milk and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes, stirring frequently. Let sit for 5 minutes until the almond milk is absorbed and quinoa is fluffy and tender.
- Mix in maple syrup and spices.
- Add your favorite toppings. For serving add more almond milk and maple syrup, if desired.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.