These easy Trail Mix Cookies are a healthy snack. They're made with mashed banana and a little sweetener.
One thing I've been working on recently is cutting back on sugar. I don't make anything with white sugar except for homemade kombucha, but I do use maple syrup a lot.
One way I've been doing that is using less sweetener in my coffee. I have also been using dates more. For these oatmeal cookies I used a mashed banana and a little maple syrup.
- Mix mashed banana and peanut butter. Add rolled oats, maple syrup, and salt. Add in peanuts, pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries, and chocolate chips.
- Form balls and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. You'll need to flatten them, since they don't rise or spread out. Bake until golden brown.
- Sunflower seeds
- Dried cherries
- Shredded coconut
- Hemp seeds
- Flax seeds
- Roasted cashews
- Cacao nibs
- Cacao powder
- Banana chips
Other Vegan Snacks
These oatmeal cookies are a great snack for when you want something sweet, but don't want to go back on your New Year's resolution.
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You May Need
Trail Mix Cookies
- 1 banana mashed
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup roasted and salted peanuts chopped
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix mashed banana and peanut butter.
- Add rolled oats, maple syrup and salt. Mix well.
- Add in peanuts, pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries, and chocolate chips.
- Form balls and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Press down to flatten (these do not rise). Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until golden brown.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.
i'm trying to reduce my sugar as well and i have a huge sweet tooth so i'm intrigued by these cookies. However, I don't use bananas. Is there something else i could try? thanks.
Willow Moon says
You could use apple sauce.