These easy Trail Mix Cookies are a healthy snack. They're made with mashed banana and a little sweetener.
One thing I've been working on recently is cutting back on sugar. I don't make anything with white sugar except for homemade kombucha, but I do use maple syrup a lot.
One way I've been doing that is by using less sweetener in my coffee. I have also been using dates more.
For these Trail Mix Cookies, I used mashed banana and a little maple syrup. They are the perfect combination of sweet and salty.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- They are a healthy snack.
- They are super easy to make.
- You can customize them to your liking.
- Banana: Binds the cookies together and adds sweetness.
- Peanut butter: I used all-natural peanut butter. Shelf-stable peanut butter would also work.
- Rolled oats: I used gluten-free rolled oats.
- Maple syrup: Adds sweetness. You could also use agave syrup.
- Salt: Enhances sweetness.
- Peanuts, pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries, chocolate chips:
To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
📖 Variations / Additions
- Sunflower seeds
- Dried cherries
- Shredded coconut
- Hemp seeds
- Flax seeds
- Roasted cashews
- Caramelized Cacao Nibs
- Cacao powder
- Banana chips
Step 1: Mix mashed banana and peanut butter.
Step 2: Add rolled oats, maple syrup, and salt.
Step 3: Add in peanuts, pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries, and chocolate chips.
Step 4: Form balls and place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet. You'll need to flatten them since they don't rise or spread out.
Step 5: Bake until golden brown.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
These cookies last up to a week when stored in an airtight container in the fridge. If you prefer to store them at room temperature, they'll last up to 4 days. You can also freeze them for up to 3 months.
Trail Mix Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix mashed banana and peanut butter.
- Add rolled oats, maple syrup and salt. Mix well.
- Add in peanuts, pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries, and chocolate chips.
- Form balls and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Press down to flatten (these do not rise). Bake for 15-18 minutes at 350°F, or until golden brown.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.