These healthy no-bake Carrot Cake Energy Bites are sweetened with dates. They’re perfect for kids as an after school snack.
I’ve decided that these Carrot Cake Energy Bites are my absolute favorite way to eat carrots. Sure, carrots taste great in a Tofu Stir Fry, Tofu Frittata, or Tofu Noodle Soup, but carrot cake flavored energy balls, I mean come on!
The true stars of these vegan bites actually take up the least amount of real estate. Equal amounts of nutmeg, cinnamon, and allspice take these bites to dessert status.
Of course these are healthy enough to eat anytime of the day, but the spices make them feel like you’re eating dessert.
Since there’s fresh carrots in these, you’ll want to eat them up within a week or less, but not to worry, they’ll be gone before that.
These healthy no-bake Carrot Cake Energy Bites are sweetened with dates. They're perfect for kids as an after school snack. Click To Tweet
Other Vegan Recipes You Might Like
- Apple Nachos
- Chocolate Coconut Almond Chia Pudding
- Strawberries and Coconut Cream
- Banana, Chocolate and Peanut Butter Dessert Pizza
- Banana Pecan Balls
Tips for Making Carrot Cake Energy Bites
- Make sure to mix the carrots, walnuts, and oats in a food processor until finely ground before adding dates and spices. That way there will be a better overall consistency in the finished energy balls.
- As always, taste as you go. If you’re unsure about any of the spices, start with half the amount.
- If you’ve never used some of these spices, buy them in the bulk spices section of the grocery store. That way you can buy a very small amount and see if you like them. If your grocery store doesn’t have a bulk spice section, check a local health food store, Sprouts, or Whole foods.
- Mix ingredients in a food processor until a ball forms. That is the consistency you want to be able to form balls.
- It’s important to refrigerate the mixture both after mixing and before rolling it in the shredded coconut. That way it’s easier to roll the mixture into balls and roll it in coconut.
Carrot Cake Energy Bites
These vegan energy balls are a healthy snack that taste like an indulgent dessert!
*Don’t forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You May Need:
Carrot Cake Energy Bites
- Mix carrots, oats, and walnuts in a food processor until they are finely ground.
- Add the ingredients except the coconut, and mix until a ball forms. Place in the fridge for about 30 minutes to an hour. Using a tablespoon, scoop out mixture and form a ball. Repeat with the rest of the mixture. Place in the fridge another 30 minutes to an hour.
- Roll balls in finely shredded coconut. Store in the fridge.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.
Do You Prepear?
I have partnered with Prepear as one of their Meal Plan Pros to offer meal plans and recipes to users. It makes meal planning fast and easy! Plus it’s FREE!