These simple and easy Spicy 4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies are soft and chewy like the classic, but with an updated twist. They're perfect for the holidays!
I'm not a big dessert person so I rarely eat cookies. I can't even remember the last time I had a cookie - it's been that long. Actually, thinking about it, I made some Low Carb Almond Cookies over two years ago, but before that I don't think I have had a cookie for a good 15 years or so. No joke.
These Spicy 4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies are the cookies that are about to change everything. Yes, they are that good.
These flourless peanut butter cookies are melt in your mouth good. They are addictively good. I have to make more of them good!
Even my husband who also rarely eats sweets loves these cookies. I mentioned to him last night that I wanted to try them without cayenne pepper just to see how they taste without it, and he pleaded with me not to. Maybe the next batch will have to be half spicy and half not.
So what made me want to make spicy peanut butter cookies before making a plain old vegan peanut butter cookie recipe? I guess it's my love of everything sweet and spicy. I love peanut sauce with a touch of sriracha sauce to add some spice. Peanut butter and spice just go together.
Now that I am officially addicted to these peanut butter cookies, my brain is swarming with other flavor combinations to try. It's great being a food blogger!
- Yes, you need the chia egg. It binds the dough together. You could use a flax egg instead, but it will change the flavor. I didn't try it with a flax egg because I didn't want the strong nutty flavor the flax seeds impart.
- Taste the dough before baking the cookies. You may want more spice. If you can't handle heat, start with less cayenne pepper. The same goes for the maple syrup.
- To make the dough easier to form into balls, refrigerate it for 30 minutes to 1 hour first.
- To make the criss-cross marks, wet a fork in water after each cookie.
- 2 Ingredient Vegan Peanut Butter Fudge
- Vegan Mexican Chocolate Covered Almonds
- Vegan Mexican Hot Chocolate
- Vegan Peanut Butter Hot Cocoa
- Vegan Nog
These easy soft and chewy peanut butter cookies are the cookie you are going to want for the holidays every year!
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You May Need
Spicy 4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 tablespoon ground chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup peanut butter
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper + more for sprinkling on top
- Pinch salt
For sprinkling on top
- Turbinado sugar (optional)
- Chia egg: Mix ground chia seeds with water. Wait 30 minutes while the mixture becomes gelatinous.
- Cookies: Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix all ingredients. Refrigerate 30 minutes to 1 hour for easier scooping. Scoop onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Dip a fork in water and make criss-cross marks on each cookie, rewetting fork as necessary. Sprinkle cayenne pepper and turbinado sugar on top.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.
Is one cookie considered a serving?
Willow Moon says
Yes, one cookie is a serving.