Made in 5 minutes, this Edible Cookie Dough is sweet and rich. There are no eggs and it doesn't need to be heat-treated! (vegan, gluten-free)
This Edible Cookie Dough is made in minutes with pantry staples and will satisfy your cookie dough craving. It tastes just like classic chocolate chip cookie dough.
It's safe to eat because it doesn't contain raw eggs and the flour doesn't need to be heat treated. It is sweet and rich with all the flavors you'd expect in raw cookie dough.
Eat it by the spoonful or spread it on apple slices. You could also stir it into ice cream to make cookie dough ice cream.
If you are more of a chocolate connoisseur, try my Edible Brownie Batter. It's also vegan and gluten-free and doesn't have to be heat-treated.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- It's made in minutes with simple ingredients you probably already have on hand.
- It doesn't have raw flour, so you don't have to heat treat the flour.
- It is sweet and rich, just like regular cookie dough, but it's a small batch so you can make just enough for when you're craving a sweet treat.
- Almond flour: I like almond flour for this recipe, but you could also use oat flour. Neither needs to be heat-treated. If you can't find almond flour in grocery stores, you can order it online. Gluten-free all-purpose baking flour or gluten-free 1:1 baking flour would also work, but I recommend heat treating them to kill harmful bacteria. Coconut flour is another flour that doesn't need to be heat treated, but it absorbs more liquid, and I haven't tried this recipe with it.
- Brown sugar: I love the taste of brown sugar in this recipe. I tried it with maple syrup, and the maple syrup was overpowering. You could also use white sugar, coconut sugar, or liquid sweetener.
- Vanilla extract: Enhances flavors.
- Oat milk: Thins out the batter. You could also use soy milk, cashew milk, almond milk, or your favorite non-dairy milk.
- Vegan butter: Adds a rich buttery flavor.
- Salt: Enhances sweetness. I like to use sea salt.
- Vegan chocolate chips: You could also use dark chocolate baking chunks.
To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
📖 Variations / Additions
- Agave syrup, granulated sugar, or dates (You could use maple syrup, but it is a bit overpowering)
- Oat flour or another gluten-free flour (other flours need heat treating)
- Chickpeas for a Healthy Chickpea Cookie Dough
- Peanut butter, cashew butter, almond butter, or another nut butter or seed butter
5 Secrets to Vegan Cooking
Free 5 Part Email Series to Elevate Your Vegan Cooking
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Step 1: In a large mixing bowl mix all ingredients except chocolate chips. You can use a food processor or mix by hand.
Step 2: Fold in chocolate chips.
Let vegan butter sit out at room temperature for easier mixing.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
This edible vegan cookie dough recipe is safe to eat because it is egg-free and contains almond flour, so no oven is needed to heat treat the flour!
This healthy edible cookie dough will last 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
If you tried this Edible Cookie Dough Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Edible Cookie Dough
- In a bowl mix all ingredients except chocolate chips.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.