These sweet and salty Trail Mix Blondies taste like trail mix but in bar form. They're packed with healthy ingredients!
These Trail Mix Blondies have all the flavors of a trail mix with dried cranberries, pumpkin seeds, peanuts, and chocolate chips. They also have chickpeas, peanut butter, and oat flour; making them a healthy snack for anytime of the day!
Chickpeas make a great addition to bars because they add a creamy texture as well as help to hold the bars together.
Mix chickpeas, oat flour, peanut butter, maple syrup, baking powder, vanilla extract, and salt in a food processor. If you don't have oat flour, you can make it by grinding rolled oats in a food processor or Nutribullet with the milling blade.
Fold in dried cranberries, pumpkin seeds, peanuts, and chocolate chips, reserving ¼ cup for the top of the bars.
Line a baking dish with parchment paper. Spread mixture into the baking dish. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- If you have a peanut allergy you could use another nut butter or use seed butter.
- I used raw pumpkin seeds. If you use roasted and salted, you may want less salt.
- As always, taste as you go. You may want more salt than I've included, or less chocolate chips. Just keep in mind wet to dry ingredient ratios. If you want more maple syrup for example, you will be adding more moisture.
- Store in an airtight container.
- For Chickpea Cookie Dough, add ½ cup chocolate chips, ½ cup maple syrup and omit the nuts, seeds, dried cranberries, and baking powder.
These vegan blondies will last 3-4 days at room temperature in an airtight container, and up to a week in the fridge if you can control yourself!
Additions / Variations
- Almond butter, cashew butter, another nut butter or sunflower seed butter
- Add ½ cup chocolate chips and omit the nuts, seeds, and dried cranberries to make Chickpea Blondies
- Almond flour or another flour
Other Vegan Desserts
- Pumpkin Chickpea Blondies
- Vegan Black Bean Brownies
- Super Moist 2 Ingredient Chocolate Cake
- Melt-In-Your-Mouth Mexican Chocolate Truffles
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
I love these Pyrex baking dishes! I used a 7 ½" x 9 ½" baking dish for this recipe. It's great because it comes with a cover, so I can put it in the fridge.
Trail Mix Blondies
- 15.5 ounces chickpeas drained and rinsed
- ½ cup oat flour
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup roasted and salted peanuts
- ½ cup chocolate chips divided
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix all ingredients in a food processor except dried cranberries, pumpkin seeds, peanuts, and chocolate chips.
- Fold in dried cranberries, pumpkin seeds, peanuts, and chocolate chips, reserving ¼ cup.
- Line a 7 ½" x 9 ½" (or similar size) baking dish with parchment paper.
- Spread mixture in baking dish. Top with the rest of the chocolate chips and push them into the bars.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.
Leave a Reply