This easy Vegan Enchilada Tortilla Pizza has all the flavors of enchiladas without all the fuss! This recipe comes together in about 20 minutes, so it's perfect for a weeknight meal.
If you're craving enchiladas, but don't want to spend time in the kitchen, this Vegan Enchilada Tortilla Pizza is for you!
This Mexican tortilla pizza has all the flavors of enchiladas without all the fuss. No cooking the tortillas in oil.
No stuffing and rolling the tortillas. No waiting 25 minutes for the enchiladas to bake.
Just make the filling and enchilada sauce (or use store-bought) and top your tortilla. Easy, right?
The enchilada sauce only takes about 5 minutes to make and is cheaper than store-bought, so it's worth taking the extra few minutes to make it.
This vegan tortilla pizza takes about 20 minutes from start to finish, so it's perfect for a quick weeknight meal.
You might also like my Vegan Southwest Bowl recipe.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- It's done in 20 minutes!
- It has all the flavors of enchiladas without all the work.
- It is perfect for a quick weeknight meal.
You could also use store-bought enchilada sauce.
- Tomato sauce: Adds tomato flavor.
- Chili powder and cumin: Add warm spice flavor.
- Garlic powder: Adds a pungent garlic flavor.
- Onion powder: Adds a concentrated onion flavor.
- Mexican oregano: Adds a lemony citrus flavor.
- Vegetable broth: I used low-sodium vegetable broth because I like to control the amount of sodium.
- Onion: A yellow onion, white onion, sweet onion, or red onion all will work.
- Olive oil: For cooking the veggies.
- Red bell pepper: You could also use a yellow pepper, orange pepper, or green bell pepper. You could also use a different veggie.
- Corn: Adds sweetness. You could use mushrooms or another vegetable.
- Black beans: You could also use pinto beans.
- Salt and pepper: Enhances flavors and adds flavor.
- Tortillas: I used gluten-free brown rice tortillas. Use your favorite.
To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
5 Secrets to Vegan Cooking
Free 5 Part Email Series to Elevate Your Vegan Cooking
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Step 1: Add all ingredients to a saucepan.
Step 2: Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and cook for 5 minutes.
Step 3: Cook onions in olive oil until translucent.
Step 4: Add red pepper. Cook until crisp tender.
Step 5: Add corn, black beans, and some enchilada sauce.
Step 6: Bake the tortilla until slightly crispy.
Step 7: Top tortilla with enchilada sauce, black bean mixture, and vegan cheddar, if using. Bake until crispy.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
Tortillas make a great pizza crust for when you want pizza in a hurry.
I like brown rice tortillas for pizza crusts. They taste great and get nice and crispy.
Other Mexican-Inspired Recipes
If you tried this Vegan Enchilada Tortilla Pizza Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
This vegan pizza has black beans, corn, red pepper, onion, and enchilada sauce. It's a great way to combine pizza and taco night into one!
Vegan Enchilada Tortilla Pizza
Enchilada Sauce (or use store bought)
Enchilada Tortilla Pizzas
- vegan cheddar cheese
- chopped avocado
- hot sauce
- Combine all ingredients in a pan. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook for about 5 minutes.
Enchilada Tortilla Pizzas
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Pour olive oil in a hot pan and add chopped onion. Cook until translucent.
- Add chopped red bell pepper and cook until slightly tender.
- Add corn, black beans and 4 tablespoons of enchilada sauce. Cook for several minutes so that flavors combine and sauce cooks down slightly.
- While the black mixture is cooking, bake the tortilla at 400°F for 2-3 minutes until slightly crispy.
- Top tortilla with about 4 tablespoons of enchilada sauce. Spread black bean mixture and vegan cheddar cheese, if using, on top. Bake another 3-4 minutes, until tortilla is crispy and making sure it doesn't burn.
- Add chopped avocado and hot sauce, if desired. Repeat with the other two tortillas or have them another day.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.