This healthy Vegan Cauliflower Pizza Crust is crispy and flavorful. It is super easy to make and is a great way to sneak in some veggies!
This Vegan Cauliflower Pizza Crust is healthy and full of flavor. You can't even taste the cauliflower in it.
Once you add toppings, it tastes similar to a traditional pizza crust. It's a wonderful way to sneak in some veggies.
Other great ways to use cauliflower are recipes like Vegan Lentil and Cauliflower Shepherd's Pie, Vegan Ricotta Mashed Cauliflower, Vegan Cauliflower Steaks, Mexican Cauliflower Rice, and Mashed Cauliflower.
- Cauliflower: I used fresh cauliflower. You could also use frozen cauliflower rice if you have that.
- Flour: I used gluten-free all-purpose baking flour. You could use regular flour.
- Ground flaxseed: Acts as a binder. You can grind flaxseed meal in a coffee grinder or Nutribullet with the milling blade.
- Nutritional yeast: Adds a cheesy flavor. You could leave it out.
- Basil, oregano, onion powder, and garlic powder: Add flavor.
- Olive oil: Also binds the dough.
- Salt and pepper: Enhances flavors and adds flavor.
To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
5 Secrets to Vegan Cooking
Free 5 Part Email Series to Elevate Your Vegan Cooking
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Steam cauliflower until tender. Let cool.
Step 2: Place cauliflower in a clean kitchen towel or cheesecloth.
Squeeze out the excess liquid.
Step 3: Place the cauliflower in a food processor with the rest of the ingredients.
Mix until incorporated.
Step 4: Spread dough onto an oiled parchment paper-lined baking pan. Bake cauliflower crust until it starts to brown.
Add toppings and bake for about 5 minutes more. Cut into slices.
The best way to reheat the crust is on a low setting in the oven. You could also reheat it in the microwave, but it won't be as crispy.
Here are some topping ideas.
- Make sure to squeeze out the excess liquid from the steamed cauliflower. It will measure about 1 cup worth afterward.
- Bake the crust before adding the toppings. That way it will crisp up. After you've baked it until it has started to brown, add your desired toppings and bake until the toppings are heated through.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
This cauliflower pizza crust tastes a lot like regular pizza crust. You'd never know there's cauliflower in it.
Other Vegan Cauliflower Recipes
Looking for new flavors to try on a pizza? Try a Chipotle Pizza.
I originally posted this recipe on March 4, 2017. I added new photos, text, and a video when I republished it.
If you tried this Vegan Cauliflower Pizza Crust Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Vegan Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Steam cauliflower 10-15 minutes until tender. Let cool.
- In a cheesecloth or kitchen towel, squeeze out as much water as you can. This will shrink the amount of cauliflower to about 1 cup.
- Put cauliflower and the rest of ingredients in a food processor and mix thoroughly.
- Spread ingredients onto an oiled parchment paper lined baking dish or sheet pan. With slightly wet hands (dough is sticky), spread out the dough to about ¼" thick, pressing the dough in firmly.
- Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes.
- Add your toppings and cook for about 5 minutes, or store in the fridge and use within a few days.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.