This Chipotle Pizza with Pineapple and Onion is sweet and spicy. It's done in about 30 minutes, so it's perfect for a weeknight meal.
Pineapple and onion pizza is my favorite go-to pizza, so I thought I would turn it into my favorite flavor combination - sweet and spicy. This pizza is sweet, spicy, and smoky.
If you've never had chipotle in adobo sauce, they are smoked jalapeños in a spiced tomato sauce. Chipotle peppers are hotter than jalapeños because they are from fully-ripened jalapeños.
As chiles ripen, the capsaicin (which cause their heat) increases. Chipotle peppers have a smoky taste.
This is one of the easiest pizza recipes that you can make. You just mix chipotle in adobo sauce with some marinara sauce to spread on pizza crust, and top it with chopped pineapple and onion.
I used an easy vegan gluten free pizza crust, which literally takes minutes to make, with no waiting time for it to rise.
- Pizza crust: I used an easy homemade vegan gluten-free pizza dough. Use your favorite.
- Marinara sauce: I used marinara sauce, but you could also use pizza sauce.
- Chipotle in adobo sauce and the adobo sauce: Adds smoky spicy flavor. If you're gluten-free, make sure to check the labels. Many brands have wheat. I've included my favorite vegan gluten-free chipotle in adobo sauce below. BBQ sauce also tastes good, like I used in my Vegan Hawaiian Pizza.
- Pineapple: Adds sweetness. You could also use red pepper pepper, mushrooms, or your favorite veggies.
- Onion: Adds a pungent flavor. You could also use red onion.
- Nutritional yeast: Adds a cheesy flavor. You could leave it off.
- Red pepper flakes: Adds spice. You could leave it off.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
5 Secrets to Transforming Tofu
FREE 5 part email series to help you cook tofu like a pro.
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Step 1: After mixing the pizza dough, bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes, or until crispy.
Step 2: Mix the chopped chipotle pepper and adobo sauce with marinara sauce. Spread on pizza crust.
Step 3: Top with pineapple and onion. Bake for 10 minutes longer, or until the edges are golden brown.
This pizza recipe will last about 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
You can reheat this pizza in the oven or a toaster oven at a low setting until warmed through. You can also reheat it in the microwave, but the crust won't be as crispy.
📖 Variations / Additions
I know not everyone is a fan of pineapple on pizza. I like this combo because it is sweet and spicy. Use whatever your favorite toppings are!
- Vegan crumbles
- Black beans, pinto beans or other beans
- Vegan cheddar cheese or vegan mozzarella cheese
🍕 Pizza Recipes
This vegan gluten-free pizza with a homemade pizza crust has the perfect amount of sweet and spicy flavors. It is a quick meal for busy families.
If you tried this Chipotle Pizza with Pineapple and Onion Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
I originally posted this recipe on April 4, 2018. I added new photos and text when I republished it.
Chipotle Pizza with Pineapple and Onion
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Bake pizza crust at 450°F for 10-12 minutes, as per instructions, or until crispy but not brown.
- Mix marinara with chopped chipotle pepper and adobo sauce. Spread on pizza crust.
- Top with chopped pineapple and onion. Bake at 450°F for another 10 minutes, or until edges are brown.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.