This simple Vegan Peanut Butter Pudding is thick and creamy. It's made with pantry staples, so you can have it anytime!
The year 2020 was my year of comforting desserts. I made a bunch of brownies, bars, and puddings.
This Peanut Butter Pudding is one of the recipes I created during that time.
I love recipes that use pantry ingredients, especially if your favorite grocery store is out of essentials or if you just don't want to venture out.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- It's made with pantry staples.
- It's made in 10 minutes.
- It is sweet, rich, and creamy.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Almond milk: I used unsweetened almond milk so that I can control the amount of sweetener. You could also use soy milk, oat milk, or cashew milk.
- Peanut butter: I used all-natural peanut butter. You could also use shelf-stable peanut butter.
- Tapioca flour: Helps the pudding to thicken. Do not get cassava flour! Cassava flour is made up of the whole root, whereas tapioca flour is made up only of the starchy part. You could use arrowroot flour or cornstarch.
- Maple syrup: Adds sweetness. You could also use agave syrup, sugar, or brown sugar.
- Vanilla extract: Enhances flavors.
- Salt: Enhances sweetness.
- Mix tapioca flour and a little almond milk in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a Nutribullet or high speed blender, mix 1 cup unsweetened almond milk and peanut butter.
- Add the mixture along with the rest of the almond milk to a saucepan. Add maple syrup, vanilla extract, and salt. Cook until the mixture starts to boil, stirring constantly so that it doesn't stick to the pan.
- Add the tapioca mixture and simmer until thickened. Let cool and pour into ramekins. Place in the fridge.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
This pudding recipe will last about 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
Made with almond milk, this pudding recipe is dairy-free.
Other Vegan Pudding Recipes
If you tried this Vegan Peanut Butter Pudding Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Vegan Peanut Butter Pudding
- In a small bowl, pour a little unsweetened almond milk and tapioca flour. Whisk until tapioca flour is dissolved. Set aside.
- In a blender or Nutribullet, mix peanut butter and 1 cup unsweetened almond milk.
- In a saucepan, add peanut butter mixture and the rest of unsweetened almond milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Bring peanut butter mixture to a boil, while whisking constantly to dissolve peanut butter and so that mixture doesn't stick to the pot. Once it reaches a boil, turn down the heat to medium. Add tapioca mixture and simmer a few minutes or until thickened.
- Let cool and pour in ramekins. Place in the fridge.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.