This easy Vegan Chocolate Pudding takes minutes to make. It's made with pantry staples so you can have dessert anytime!
This Vegan Chocolate Pudding is super easy to make using ingredients you probably have in your pantry. I've made it many times during these crazy times.
It was comforting and satisfied my chocolate cravings.
Made with tapioca flour (tapioca starch), almond milk, cacao powder, and sweetener, it comes together in no time. I've also made a Sugar-Free Vegan Chocolate Pudding recipe, a Homemade Peanut Butter Pudding recipe, and a Butterscotch Tapioca Starch Pudding.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- It will satisfy your chocolate cravings.
- It is sweet, rich, and creamy.
- It's made in minutes with ingredients you probably already have on hand.
- Tapioca flour: Thickens the pudding. You could use arrowroot powder or cornstarch. I've made this with arrowroot powder and used the same amount. I could not test this with cornstarch because I have a corn intolerance, but it should work just fine.
- Almond milk: I used unsweetened almond milk because I like to control the amount of sweetener. Any plant-based milk will work for this recipe. I tried it with soy milk, unsweetened coconut milk (in a carton), and unsweetened almond milk. I do not recommend homemade almond milk or any other homemade plant-based milk since they are thinner than store-bought and tend to separate.
- Cacao powder (or cocoa powder): Adds the chocolate flavor.
- Sweetened condensed coconut milk: Adds sweetness and a creamy texture. You could also use sweetened condensed oat milk, maple syrup, agave syrup, or your favorite sweetener.
- Vanilla extract: Enhances flavors.
- Almond extract: Adds a fruity flavor. You can leave it out.
- Salt: Enhances sweetness.
To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Step 1: Mix tapioca flour and a little almond milk in a bowl. Set aside.
Step 2: In a saucepan, add cacao powder, the rest of the almond milk, sweetened condensed coconut milk, vanilla extract, almond extract, and salt.
Step 3: Simmer on medium heat, whisking the whole time to get out the lumps.
Step 4: Add tapioca mixture and simmer until thickened about 1-2 minutes.
Step 5: Let cool and pour into ramekins. Place in the fridge.
- After adding the tapioca flour to the boiling mixture, do not cook it for too long. It actually will break down and thin out. It only needs a few minutes to thicken.
- The same goes for stirring vigorously, either during cooking or afterward. The tapioca flour will break down and the pudding will thin out. Tapioca flour is pretty touchy, but the more you work with it, the easier it becomes.
- This pudding will thicken as it cools.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
For this vegan chocolate pudding recipe I used cacao powder, almond milk, sweetened condensed coconut milk, vanilla extract, almond extract, and salt.
This vegan chocolate pudding recipe will last about 4 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
Other Vegan Pudding Recipes
If you tried this Vegan Chocolate Pudding Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Vegan Chocolate Pudding
- In a small bowl, pour 1 cup unsweetened almond milk and tapioca flour. Whisk until tapioca flour is dissolved. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, add 3 cups unsweetened almond milk, cacao powder, sweetened condensed coconut milk, vanilla extract, almond extract, and salt.
- Simmer cacao mixture on medium heat, while whisking constantly to dissolve cacao powder and so that mixture doesn't stick to the pot.
- Add tapioca mixture and simmer a few minutes or until thickened.
- Let cool and pour into ramekins and place in the fridge.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.