This easy healthy comforting Vegan Peanut Butter Hot Cocoa will make you wonder why you ever bought the packaged mixes.
I have been enjoying different varieties of Vegan Hot Cocoa and Vegan Hot Chocolate lately. It all started with Vegan Mexican Hot Chocolate, which has grated Mexican dark chocolate in it. Yum!
One of my favorite flavor combinations is peanut butter and dark chocolate, so I figured that I would love it as a drink. I often eat dark chocolate chips with peanut butter and a pinch of salt. It’s a wonderful snack when I want something sweet and savory.
This easy Vegan Peanut Butter Hot Cocoa is healthy and comforting! Click To Tweet
This Vegan Peanut Butter Hot Cocoa has raw cacao powder, peanut butter, unsweetened vanilla almond milk, and stevia, so it is sugar free, unless you decide to indulge a little by including the chocolate and peanut butter drizzle, or by adding your favorite sweetener.
This recipe is really easy, and is done in no time. I personally think it tastes way better than the hot cocoa mixes you buy at the store, and this way you can control the ingredients. Grab a good book and cozy up with this warm and comforting Vegan Peanut Butter Hot Cocoa!
*Affiliate links below. If you make a purchase through these links, I will receive a small commission. This is at no extra cost to you.
Vegan Peanut Butter Hot Cocoa
Makes 2 cups
- Whipped Cream
- full fat coconut milk (for whipped cream – optional)
- Peanut Butter Hot Cocoa
- 2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder or cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 drops stevia
- Chocolate and Peanut Butter Drizzle (optional)
- 1 teaspoon peanut butter
- 10 dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil, divided
- Whipped Cream: Mix coconut milk in a high speed blender or Nutribullet. Refrigerate.
- Peanut Butter Hot Cocoa: Bring almond milk, peanut butter, cacao powder, vanilla extract, and stevia to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium heat. Reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 10 minutes, whisking constantly until peanut butter is melted and almond milk is frothy.
- Chocolate and Peanut Butter Drizzle: Microwave 10 dark chocolate chips and 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil for 30 seconds. Stir. Microwave longer if needed. Microwave peanut butter and the other half of coconut oil for 30 seconds. Stir. Microwave longer if needed.
- Top with whipped coconut milk, then chocolate and peanut butter drizzle.