This easy healthy comforting Vegan Peanut Butter Hot Cocoa will make you wonder why you ever bought the packaged mixes.
I have been enjoying different varieties of Vegan Hot Cocoa and Vegan Hot Chocolate lately. It all started with Vegan Mexican Hot Chocolate, which has grated Mexican dark chocolate in it. Yum!
One of my favorite flavor combinations is peanut butter and dark chocolate, so I figured that I would love it as a drink. I often eat dark chocolate chips with peanut butter and a pinch of salt. It's a wonderful snack when I want something sweet and savory.
This Vegan Peanut Butter Hot Cocoa has raw cacao powder, peanut butter, unsweetened vanilla almond milk, and stevia, so it is sugar free, unless you decide to indulge a little by including the chocolate and peanut butter drizzle, or by adding your favorite sweetener.
This recipe is really easy, and is done in no time. I personally think it tastes way better than the hot cocoa mixes you buy at the store, and this way you can control the ingredients. Grab a good book and cozy up with this warm and comforting Vegan Peanut Butter Hot Cocoa!
Other Holiday Recipes
- Vegan Mexican Chocolate Covered Almonds
- 2 Ingredient Vegan Peanut Butter Fudge
- Maple Chipotle Cashews
- Vegan Nog
- Sun-Dried Tomato and Basil Vegan Cheese Ball
If you love chocolate and peanut butter together, I think you'll love this recipe.
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You may need:
Vegan Peanut Butter Hot Cocoa
Peanut Butter Hot Cocoa
- Whipped Cream:Refrigerate coconut milk overnight. Scoop thick part off the top. Mix coconut milk in a high speed blender or Nutribullet. Refrigerate.
- Peanut Butter Hot Cocoa: Bring almond milk, peanut butter, cacao powder, vanilla extract, and stevia to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium heat. Reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 10 minutes, whisking constantly until peanut butter is melted and almond milk is frothy.
- Chocolate and Peanut Butter Drizzle: Microwave 10 dark chocolate chips and ½ teaspoon coconut oil for 30 seconds. Stir. Microwave longer if needed. Microwave peanut butter and the other half of coconut oil for 30 seconds. Stir. Microwave longer if needed.
- Top with whipped coconut milk, then chocolate and peanut butter drizzle.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.