This easy vegan 2 Ingredient Mango Cake is a foolproof way to get dessert on the table fast! Made with a vegan cream cheese frosting.
After making a Super Moist 2 Ingredient Chocolate Cake awhile back, I just had to try at least one more flavor using cake mix and kombucha.
For this 2 Ingredient Mango Cake, I used vegan gluten free cake mix and mango kombucha. The mango kombucha is pretty strong, so I figured it could hold its own in a cake recipe.
For the frosting I made a vegan cream cheese frosting. It works perfectly because it's tangy and not too sweet, so it balances out the sweetness of the cake.
I then topped the 2 ingredient cake with chopped mango. Yum!
Mix vegan gluten free vanilla cake mix with mango kombucha. Bake per instructions for your sized baking dish.
Top with the vegan cream cheese frosting recipe I included below or use your favorite frosting.
For the vegan cream cheese frosting, I used Tofutti cream cheese (my favorite) and mixed in maple syrup and salt. I like Tofutti because of it's taste and texture.
I've tried other brands of vegan cream cheese and some are downright liquidy. Not Tofutti, it's nice and firm.
- Read labels! This goes for the cake mix and the kombucha. The cake mix has different times listed for the size baking dish you're using. I used a 7 ½" x 9 ½" baking dish, so I baked my cake for 40 minutes.
- As for the kombucha, read how many ounces your kombucha is. When I made this the first time, I poured the whole bottle in, not thinking. My bottle is 16 ounces, but the cake only needs 12 ounces. If you make that mistake, all is not lost, the cake just cooks a bit uneven. (I have about ½ a cake in my freezer because I am not a big cake eater.)
- Whisk to get all the lumps out, but do not overmix. You don't need any special equipment - a whisk or fork will do.
- Don't forget to grease the baking dish with coconut oil or spray.
- When a toothpick comes out clean, your cake is done. It will also be a golden color (see photo above).
- If you like a lot of frosting, you may want to double the frosting recipe.
Other Easy Vegan Desserts
Dessert just got a lot easier! This 2 ingredient cake is perfect for people who don't like to bake.
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
I love these Pyrex baking dishes! I used a 7 ½" x 9 ½" baking dish for this recipe. It's great because it comes with a cover, so I can put it in the fridge without having to switch out the container first.
2 Ingredient Mango Cake
2 Ingredient Mango Cake
- 1 (21 ounce) package Pamela's vanilla cake mix
- 12 ounces mango kombucha
- Coconut oil or spray
Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting (optional)*
- ½ cup vegan cream cheese - I used Tofutti
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Pinch salt
For Topping (optional)
- 1 ½ cups chopped mango
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- 2 Ingredient Mango Cake: Mix vanilla cake mix and kombucha well, but do not overmix. Pour into an oiled baking dish. Bake at 350° for the time on the package for your sized dish. Mine was 9 ½" x 7 ½", so I baked mine for 40 minutes. The cake is done when a toothpick comes out easily and almost clean. Let cool before frosting it.
- Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting: Mix all ingredients until smooth, then spread on cake.
- Top with chopped mango.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.
Leave a Reply