This Raspberry Compote is a sweet-tart addition to pancakes, oatmeal, or desserts. Made in less than 15 minutes with only two ingredients.
Made with fresh or frozen raspberries, this Raspberry Compote has a wonderful fresh raspberry flavor. Use this raspberry topping for desserts, toast, cake, or whatever you like.
It is made in less than 15 minutes on the stovetop with only two ingredients.
I like it on Vegan Banana Pancakes or vegan ice cream.
Switch up the berries and add in your favorites, or make it with another fruit.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- It is sweet and fruity.
- It is really versatile.
- It's made in less than 15 minutes.
What Is Compote?
Compote is a fruit sauce that consists of whole fresh or frozen fruit, water, and sweetener and is cooked on the stove.
- Raspberries: You can use fresh or frozen raspberries.
- Agave syrup: You can also use maple syrup or sugar.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
📖 Variations / Additions
- Other berries
- Lemon juice and/or lemon zest
- Orange juice and/or orange zest
- Maple syrup or other sweetener
- Cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, cardamom, cloves
- Minced ginger
- Vanilla extract
- Balsamic vinegar
- Mint, basil, thyme, lavender
5 Secrets to Transforming Tofu
FREE 5 part email series to help you cook tofu like a pro.
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Step 1: Pour ingredients into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
Step 2: Simmer until the raspberries break down and the sauce thickens.
Step 3: Place in a jar and let cool before placing in the fridge.
- Keep an eye on the compote while it is cooking. It cooks down fast.
- Taste the compote for sweetness. You may want more sweetener than I've listed.
- You can use fresh or frozen raspberries.
This raspberry compote recipe will last up to a week in an airtight container in the fridge. To make it last longer you can add lemon juice, then it will last up to two weeks.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
A compote is made with fruit, sugar, and water that is cooked on the stovetop.
You can serve it either hot or cold, whichever you prefer.
Other Recipes With Raspberries
If you tried this Raspberry Compote Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
- 3 cups raspberries fresh or frozen
- 3 tablespoons agave syrup or maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons water
- Place all ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Lower heat and cook on medium heat until raspberries break down and sauce thickens, about 5-7 minutes.
- Place in a jar or other airtight container and let cool before placing in the fridge.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.