This easy 2 Ingredient Chocolate Cake is a foolproof dessert. With a 3 Ingredient Chocolate Frosting, it couldn’t be any easier! A secret ingredient gives this moist cake a subtle fruity ginger flavor, but you can choose another flavor if you like.
Aah, the smell of vegan chocolate cake permeating every inch of the house. It’s enough to make your mouth water.
That’s exactly what happened to me when I made this easy chocolate cake. I was downright drooling by the time I was shooting the photos.
You need to realize that I went a good hour or two before getting a good bite of it because I didn’t want to mess up the cake in the pan or the plated cake before I had my photos done.
I did taste the knife that I cut it with so I could tell that it would be a hit.
This simple chocolate cake recipe is moist, fluffy, sweet, and rich. You may be wondering what the 2 ingredients are.
I used a gluten free vegan chocolate cake mix and my favorite flavor of kombucha: gingerberry, which is a mix of blueberries and ginger.
Kombucha adds a subtle fruity ginger flavor. When you taste this easy moist cake you can’t quite put your finger on the subtle taste in the background, but if you taste gingerberry kombucha by itself, you’ll totally get it.
The 3 Ingredient Chocolate Frosting is one that I’ve been making for years. Normally I use unsweetened almond milk and I add peanut butter so that it’s a lot thicker.
That way I can eat it by the spoonful. It’s my go-to chocolate treat when I don’t have dark chocolate in the house.
Two Ingredient Cake
Making a chocolate cake is unusual for me. I don’t even eat cake on my birthday, instead I opt for vegan ice cream.
When I saw that you could make a 2 ingredient cake with cake mix and soda on the Food Network, I knew I had to try it with kombucha since it’s also carbonated. I also figured that I would like a boxed cake mix more than the cake I’ve had in the past.
Another 2 ingredient recipe you have to try is my Ultimate 2 Ingredient Vegan Peanut Butter Fudge. It is melt-in-your-mouth good.
To be honest, I don’t think I’ve had cake in the past 20 years since going vegan. The ones I had before were either store bought with bright colored frosting, which I always hated because that’s all I could taste – the nasty dyed frosting, or they were flavors that I didn’t like.
Sweet and Rich
So now that I’m in control, I think things will be different. This 2 Ingredient Chocolate Cake has me loving cake! I’ve always loved easy desserts so this is right up my alley, and this couldn’t be any easier.
I should note that this is sweet and rich. I can only eat a half a piece of cake in a sitting, so they are large pieces for me, but then I rarely eat dessert unless it’s a small piece of dark chocolate.
Other Easy Vegan Desserts
- The Easiest Dark Chocolate Hummus
- 2 Ingredient Mango Cake
- Banana, Chocolate and Peanut Butter Dessert Pizza
- 2 Ingredient Vegan Peanut Butter Fudge
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Microwave Bread Pudding
This easy 2 Ingredient Chocolate Cake is a foolproof dessert. With a 3 Ingredient Chocolate Frosting, it couldn't be any easier! Click To Tweet
Tips for Making This 2 Ingredient Chocolate Cake
- Choose a kombucha or soda that you like. It’s just like cooking with wine – only cook with one you would actually drink!
- Follow instructions on the cake mix package for cooking times for your size baking dish – cooking times vary.
- Use the toothpick test; when it comes out easily and almost clean, it’s done.
- Let the cake cool before frosting it.
- Refrigerate the frosting for at least 30 minutes before spreading. It gets thicker after being refrigerated.
- Add your favorite toppings: fresh fruit, vegan ice cream, whipped coconut cream, etc.
2 Ingredient Chocolate Cake Recipe
This vegan chocolate cake is perfect for birthday parties or potlucks. Why make cake from scratch when you can save time with this recipe!
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
I love these Pyrex baking dishes! I used a 7 1/2″ x 9 1/2″ baking dish for this recipe. It’s great because it comes with a cover, so I can put it in the fridge without having to switch out the container first.
2 Ingredient Chocolate Cake
2 Ingredient Chocolate Cake
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2 Ingredient Chocolate Cake: Mix cake mix and kombucha well, but do not overmix. Pour into an oiled baking dish. Bake at 350° for the time on the package for your sized dish. Mine was 9 1/2" x 7 1/2", so I baked mine for 37 minutes. The cake is done when a toothpick comes out easily and almost clean. Let cool before frosting it.
- 3 Ingredient Chocolate Frosting: Mix all ingredients until smooth. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, then spread on cake.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.
Do You Prepear?
I have partnered with Prepear as one of their Meal Plan Pros to offer meal plans and recipes to users. It makes meal planning fast and easy! Plus it’s FREE!