This easy Strawberries and Coconut Cream will make you feel like you are indulging, but it is really quite healthy!
My go-to dessert of choice is usually chocolate chunks and roasted peanuts or chocolate chips and peanut butter. I love the sweet, salty, savory combination.
That is why many of the desserts on Create Mindfully include chocolate and peanut butter, like my Peanut Butter Chocolate Dip. Sometimes they include bananas too, like my Banana, Chocolate and Peanut Butter Dessert Pizza.
So to switch things up, I made this Strawberries and Coconut Cream. I love all things coconut, so adding it to some fresh strawberries was a no-brainer, especially this time of the year when strawberries are at their peak. Since they are so sweet, a sweetener is unnecessary.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- It's a healthy dessert.
- It's super easy to make.
- It's made without any sweetener.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Strawberries: fresh strawberries in season are best.
- Coconut cream: I refrigerated coconut milk and scooped the cream out. You can also buy coconut cream. I have also used the whole can of coconut milk to make coconut cream - coconut water and all. It just depends on the consistency you want.
- Vanilla extract: Enhances flavors. You could also use vanilla bean seeds.
📖 Variations / Additions
I like this recipe without sweetener, but you could add sweetener if you like.
- Maple syrup
- Agave syrup
- Date paste
- Stevia or other sugar-free sweetener
5 Secrets to Vegan Cooking
Free 5 Part Email Series to Elevate Your Vegan Cooking
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Step 1: Place a can of coconut milk in the fridge overnight. Scoop out the coconut cream into a bowl. Add vanilla extract.
Step 2: Whip the coconut cream and vanilla extract with a hand mixer or stand mixer until light and fluffy. You can add some of the coconut water from the can to make it fluffier.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
Coconut cream is thick and dense, whereas coconut milk is liquidy.
Coconut cream is a great dairy-free substitute for cream. It is thick and rich.
Coconut cream makes a great substitute for heavy cream because it can be whipped just like heavy cream.
Other Vegan Desserts
This vegan dessert is an easy healthy treat. No sweetener necessary!
If you tried this Strawberries and Coconut Cream Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Strawberries and Coconut Cream
- Hand mixer, or stand mixer
- Put the coconut milk into the fridge overnight so it solidifies on top.
- Scoop out the solid part. Place the coconut cream and vanilla extract in a bowl. With either a hand mixer or a stand mixer, whip until it is light and airy. Add some of the coconut water to make it fluffier.
- Layer strawberries and coconut cream in a dessert glass or bowl.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.