These healthy Spicy Tofu Tacos have a spicy crumbled tofu filling in a crunchy taco shell with all your favorite toppings.
Did someone say Taco Tuesday?
These healthy Tofu Tacos are spicy and flavorful. They are easy to make and come together pretty quickly.
This is one of those recipes where you can customize it to your liking. The spicy tofu taco filling is the star of the show. What you add to the tacos is up to you.
I made my vegan tacos with chopped lettuce, cherry tomatoes, sliced Kalamata olives, and salsa. I almost added guacamole, but decided against it because I wanted the crumbled tofu to shine through.
You could use the crumbled tofu in a burrito, enchiladas, or a taco salad. I plan on using it in at least two other recipes.
Normally I use soft corn tortillas to make vegan tacos. Since living in Tucson, Arizona the past 19 years, I’ve been exposed to a lot of authentic Mexican cuisine.
Hard shell tacos are not authentic Mexican cuisine. They’re an Americanized version of a taco.
Does that make them a bad thing? Of course not.
What’s not to love about hard shell tacos? They add a crunchy aspect that you can only get from the fillings in a soft taco. Ingredients like slaw, lettuce, or radishes.
These healthy Spicy Tofu Tacos have a spicy crumbled tofu filling in a crunchy taco shell with all your favorite toppings. Click To Tweet
Other Vegan Mexican Recipes You Might Like
- Smothered Vegan Burritos
- Black Bean and Corn Vegan Quesadilla
- Vegan Mexican Tortilla Pizza
- Vegan Refried Bean Burrito with Jalapeño Cilantro Hummus
Spicy Tofu Tacos
Tofu tacos with taco seasoning, what’s not to love!
*Don’t forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You May Need:
Spicy Tofu Tacos
Spicy Tofu Taco Filling
- Spicy Tofu Taco Filling: Add olive oil to a hot pan. Add chopped onion and cook until translucent.
- Add garlic. Cook 30 seconds.
- Add crumbled tofu. Cook for about 5-10 minutes, or until starting to turn golden brown in areas.
- Add herbs and spices, tomato paste, and salsa. Mix thoroughly and cook for a few minutes.
- Tacos: Warm taco shells according to instructions on pack. Build tacos in this order: tofu taco filling, salsa, lettuce, cilantro, cherry tomatoes, and Kalamata olives.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.