These Baked Vegan Onion Rings are super easy to make with none of the mess that comes with fried onion rings. They are light and crispy.
These Baked Vegan Onion Rings are a quick and easy appetizer or side. They have a light gluten-free batter. You won't feel heavy after eating these!These Baked Vegan Onion Rings are super easy to make with none of the mess that comes with fried onion rings. They are light and crispy. Click To Tweet
Other Vegan Recipes You Might Like
How to Make This Recipe
Mix gluten free all purpose flour, paprika, and salt in a medium bowl. In another bowl mix vegan mayo and almond milk. Slice an onion into ½" thick slices.
Dip onion rings into wet ingredients, then dry mixture. Place them on an oiled parchment paper lined baking sheet. Brush or spray the onion rings with olive oil.
Bake until crispy and golden.
Can You Reheat Onion Rings?
You could, but I prefer them hot out of the oven. If you need to reheat them, the best way would be to stick them in the oven on a baking tray. Bake them at 350° for 5 minutes, or until crispy and heated through.
You could also reheat them in the microwave, but they won't be as crispy.
What Type of Onions To Use
You can use yellow, white, or sweet onions depending upon your tastes.
- Brushing (or spraying) the onion rings with olive oil is necessary for crispiness.
- The vegan mayo mixed with the almond milk is used so that the dry ingredients stick better to the onion rings.
- I used a gluten-free all purpose flour with a rice blend, but you could also use rice flour or your favorite gluten free all purpose flour.
These are a healthy alternative to fried onion rings. They are not only healthy, but they're also gluten-free, dairy-free, and egg-free.
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You May Need:
Baked Vegan Onion Rings
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Mix dry ingredients in one bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients in another bowl.
- Dip onion rings into wet ingredients, then dry ingredients. Place onion rings on a parchment lined baking sheet that has been oiled with olive oil or spray.
- Brush onion rings with olive oil or spray. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until crispy and golden.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.