These easy Spicy Baked French Fries are a great alternative to deep-fried French fries. Pair with a veggie burger or sandwich.
These Spicy Baked French Fries are seasoned with just the right amount of spice. They are baked until golden brown and crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
They make a great snack or side dish with your favorite sandwich, veggie burger, or Vegan Fish Fingers.
Serve these oven fries with roasted red pepper dip (pictured), guacamole, vegan mayo, vegan tzatziki, or your favorite dip for cooling the palate.
❤️ Why You'll Love Them
- They are healthier than fried French fries.
- They are simple and easy to make.
- They make a great side dish or appetizer.
- Potatoes: I used Yukon Gold potatoes. You could also use Russet potatoes. Yukon Gold potatoes also taste great in Vegan Mashed Potatoes with Almond Milk and Vegan Mashed Potato Pancakes.
- Olive oil: For baking the potato wedges.
- Cayenne pepper: Adds a spicy flavor. You could also use chipotle powder, chili powder, or paprika.
- Salt: Enhances flavors and adds flavor. I like to use sea salt.
To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
5 Secrets to Vegan Cooking
Free 5 Part Email Series to Elevate Your Vegan Cooking
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Step 1: Slice Yukon Gold potatoes into wedges or fries. In a large bowl add potato wedges, olive oil, cayenne pepper, and salt.
Step 2: Stir to combine until thoroughly coated.
Step 3: Place potato wedges on a parchment-paper lined baking sheet. Bake until golden brown.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
For this baked French fries recipe I added cayenne pepper to add a spicy flavor. You could also use chipotle pepper, chili powder, or paprika.
Other Healthy Fries
If you tried this Spicy Baked French Fries Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
These thick-cut oven fries are a healthy side dish or snack.
Spicy Baked French Fries
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Toss fries in olive oil, cayenne pepper, and salt. Bake for 25 minutes at 400°F, or until golden brown.
- Serve with roasted red pepper dip, ketchup, vegan mayo, or your favorite.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.