These baked Zucchini Tots are a healthy side dish. Made with zucchini, potato, and nutritional yeast.
How To Make This Recipe
Place russet potatoes in a pan with cold water. You want to add the potatoes to cold water and bring both to a boil so that the potatoes cook evenly.
Peel cooled potatoes. Using the largest setting on a box grater, grate potatoes.
Mix grated zucchini, potatoes, nutritional yeast, olive oil, herbs, and salt and pepper. Form mixture into tots.
Place tots on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake until crispy, about 45 minutes.
These baked Zucchini Tots are a healthy side dish. Made with zucchini, potato, and nutritional yeast. Click To Tweet
What to Pair Zucchini Tots With
Can I Freeze Zucchini Tots?
Yes you can! After you form the tots, place them on a parchment lined baking sheet. Place in the freezer.
After they are frozen, put them in a freezer bag. You can keep tater tots in the freezer 4-6 months, but flavors in the freezer start to fade after a couple of months.
How Do I Cook Frozen Zucchini Tots?
The tots can be cooked straight from the freezer.
To Bake frozen Zucchini Tots: Place frozen zucchini tots on a parchment lined baking sheet. Cook at 350° for 45 minutes, or until golden brown.
These vegan tots are sure to be a family favorite!
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 2 medium russet potatoes
- ½ large zucchini (2 cups grated before squeezing out moisture)
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- ½ teaspoon basil
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place whole potatoes in a pan with cold water. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and boil potatoes until they are tender, about 12-15 minutes. Let cool.
- Once potatoes are cool enough to handle, peel, then grate potatoes in a bowl on the the largest setting of a box grater.
- Grate zucchini. In a cheesecloth or clean towel, squeeze out as much water as possible.
- To the bowl of grated potatoes, add finely grated zucchini, nutritional yeast, basil, oregano, and salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Using your hands, make tots. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes, or until crispy, flipping halfway through.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.