This easy creamy Green Goddess Dip is great on a sandwich or with veggies. Made with fresh herbs, it is sure to please!
This Green Goddess Dip will elevate your sandwich to the next level. It pairs nicely with crudités.
It only takes about 5 minutes to make and can be made the day before. It's actually best when it sits overnight so that it can thicken up.
I am a huge fan of Green Goddess Dressing, which is the inspiration for this dip.
This vegan dip is perfect for Summer. If you're a gardener, you're going to want this recipe in your repertoire.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- It is super easy to make.
- It is versatile. Use it in a sandwich or add some plant-based milk and make it into a dressing.
- It is healthy and packed with flavor.
- Vegan mayo: Adds a rich creamy flavor.
- Vegan sour cream: Adds a tangy creamy flavor.
- Fresh parsley, tarragon, and basil: Add the herby flavor Green Goddess is known for. You could switch up the herbs for your favorites.
- Fresh chives: Add a mild onion and garlic flavor.
- Lemon juice: Fresh lemon juice is best. Store-bought lemon juice contains additives, so I do not recommend it.
- Garlic: Adds a pungent flavor.
- Mustard: Dijon mustard or yellow mustard will work.
- Salt and pepper: Enhances flavors and adds flavor.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
What Does Tarragon Taste Like?
Of all the herbs in a Green Goddess Dip, tarragon is the least well-known, so you may be wondering what it tastes like.
It has a slight licorice flavor, with sweet and bitter notes. It has the same compound in it that is in anise and fennel.
5 Secrets to Vegan Cooking
Free 5 Part Email Series to Elevate Your Vegan Cooking
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Step 1: Add ingredients to a food processor.
Step 2: Mix until smooth and creamy.
- If you let the dip sit in the fridge overnight it thickens up to a nice thick consistency.
- As always, taste as you go. You may want more or less of an herb than I've listed.
- With the amount of herbs that are in a package, I was able to make 2 batches of this recipe. If you don't want to make 2 batches, you could add the extra herbs to a salad or make my Tofu Tarragon Salad with the extra tarragon, and make my Vegan Garden Vegetable Cream Cheese with the parsley and chives.
- Serve it with veggies, chips, slices of toasted baguette, or crackers.
- As a dipping sauce for French fries.
- Slather it in a Green Goddess Veggie Sandwich.
- Drizzle it over roasted vegetables.
- Use it in a potato salad.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
Green Goddess is a salad dressing usually made of mayonnaise, sour cream, chervil, chives, tarragon, anchovy, lemon juice, and pepper.
For this vegan Green Goddess Dip, I used vegan mayo, vegan sour cream, fresh parsley, tarragon, chives, basil, lemon juice, garlic, mustard, and salt and pepper.
This dip will last up to 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
Other Vegan Dips
If you tried this Green Goddess Dip Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Green Goddess Dip
- Mix all ingredients in a food processor.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.