This healthy Balsamic Tofu recipe made with a balsamic marinade is great for salads and sandwiches.
This Balsamic Tofu is a great addition to salads and sandwiches. It is easy to make, with very little prep.
I love to add it to salads with a homemade balsamic vinegar based dressing.
It doesn't take long to throw together. It's the marinating and baking where you have to have patience.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Tofu: I used extra firm tofu because it has the least amount of water and bakes nicely. You could also use firm tofu.
- Balsamic vinegar: Add a rich sweet flavor.
- Dijon mustard: I used Dijon mustard, but you could also you yellow mustard or your favorite.
- Basil and oregano: Adds flavor.
- Salt and pepper: Enhances flavors and adds flavor.
- Olive oil: For baking the tofu.
5 Secrets to Transforming Tofu
FREE 5 part email series to help you cook tofu like a pro.
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Drain and press the tofu. You can do this with a tofu press, or do what I do, which is place tofu on a kitchen towel lined cutting board. I then cover it with part of the towel and place a cast iron skillet on top of it.
I let the tofu sit for about 15-20 minutes, adjusting the tofu and skillet as necessary. If you don't have a cast iron skillet you can use another heavy object.
Mix balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, and herbs in a bowl. Slice tofu into squares.
Add sliced tofu cubes to the balsamic marinade. Let the tofu marinate for at least an hour.
Spread olive oil on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake tofu for 20 minutes, flip, then bake another 20 minutes.
This marinated tofu recipe will last about 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
Balsamic Tofu is perfect for salads and sandwiches, but also can be used on a pizza, pasta, or eaten as a snack.
Other Baked Tofu Recipes
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Mix balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, basil, oregano, and salt and pepper.
- Slice tofu into large ½" slices. Place tofu slices in marinade and marinate for at least an hour to overnight.
- Spread olive oil on a parchment lined baking sheet. Place tofu on top. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes, flip, and bake for another 20 minutes at 400°.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.