This healthy Balsamic Tofu recipe made with a balsamic marinade is great for salads and sandwiches.
This Balsamic Tofu is a great addition to salads and sandwiches. It is easy to make, with very little prep.
It has a simple marinade that is flavorful and versatile. I love to add it to salads with a homemade balsamic vinegar-based dressing.
It doesn't take long to throw together. It's the marinating and baking where you have to have patience.
Serve it with some Homemade Sangria.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- If you like to meal prep, it is perfect for it. The prep time only takes about 5 minutes, and the cooking is hands-off.
- It's made with simple ingredients that you probably already have on hand.
- You can add the crispy tofu to salads, sandwiches, or pasta.
- Tofu: I used extra firm tofu because it has the least amount of water and bakes nicely. I buy it in the refrigerated section of the grocery store. You could also use firm tofu or even super-firm tofu.
- Balsamic vinegar: Add a rich sweet flavor.
- Dijon mustard: I used Dijon mustard, but you could also you yellow mustard or your favorite mustard.
- Basil and oregano: Adds flavor.
- Salt and black pepper: Enhances flavors and adds flavor. I like to use sea salt.
- Olive oil: For baking the tofu. You could also use avocado oil.
To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
📖 Variations / Additions
- Fresh garlic cloves or garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Maple syrup
- Tamari or soy sauce
- Fresh basil, oregano, or rosemary
- Fresh ginger
5 Secrets to Transforming Tofu
FREE 5 part email series to help you cook tofu like a pro.
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Step 1: Drain and press tofu with a tofu press to remove excess water. You could also place tofu on a clean kitchen towel on a cutting board.
Step 2: Then place a heavy object on top, like a cast iron skillet on top. Let the tofu sit for about 15-20 minutes, adjusting the tofu and skillet as necessary.
Step 1: Add balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, and herbs in a large bowl.
Step 2: Whisk to combine. Slice tofu into squares.
Step 3: Add sliced tofu cubes to a shallow dish. Pour the balsamic marinade on top of the tofu. Let the tofu marinate for at least an hour.
Step 4: Spread a drizzle of olive oil on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Place marinated tofu on the parchment paper in a single layer.
Step 5: Bake tofu for 20 minutes, flip, then bake another 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Use the remaining marinade mixed into a salad dressing.
Balsamic Tofu is perfect for salads and sandwiches but also can be used on a pizza, pasta, stir fry, or eaten as a snack.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
The leftover tofu will last about 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
For this marinated tofu recipe I recommend marinating the tofu for at least an hour to overnight.
Other Baked Tofu Recipes
If you tried this Balsamic Tofu Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, basil, oregano, and salt and pepper.
- Slice tofu into large ½" slices. Place tofu slices in marinade and marinate for at least an hour to overnight.
- Spread olive oil on a parchment lined baking sheet. Place tofu on top. Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes, flip, and bake for another 20 minutes at 400°F.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.