This sweet and savory Maple Dijon Baked Tofu is not only easy to make, it’s much cheaper than store-bought!
Baking tofu that’s been marinated is one of the easiest and most delicious ways to cook tofu. It gets crispy on the outside while staying soft on the inside.
It takes on the flavors of the marinade which gets baked onto the tofu. So if you’re looking for some hands-off cooking this baked tofu recipe fits the bill.
If you’re tired of dinner leftovers for lunch, make this Maple Dijon Baked Tofu. It’s so easy, you won’t even notice it’s cooking since it’s all done in the oven.
Use this baked tofu in a sandwich, salad, or Buddha bowl. It literally takes a few minutes to throw together, then you walk away while it bakes.
This sweet and savory Maple Dijon Baked Tofu is not only easy to make, it's much cheaper than store-bought! Click To Tweet
Other Easy Recipes You Might Like
- 3 Ingredient Vegan Chili
- ALT (Avocado, Lettuce, and Tomato) Wrap
- Vegan Mexican Tortilla Pizza
- Veggie Sandwich with Basil Pesto Hummus
- 2 Ingredient Chocolate Cake
Tips For Making Maple Dijon Baked Tofu
- Use extra firm tofu for the best texture. Firm also works, but I prefer extra firm.
- Drain and press the tofu before marinating to get out the excess water.
- As always, taste as you go. Taste the marinade before baking, keeping in mind that the flavors won’t be as strong after baking, especially the Dijon mustard. I made this recipe with less mustard the first time and the tofu turned out sweet tasting.
- Marinate for at least an hour so the tofu can soak up the maple Dijon flavors.
- Bake until the tofu is crispy to the touch on the edges for the best texture. Remember all ovens are different, so check on the tofu during baking.
Maple Dijon Baked Tofu
*Don’t forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
I love a small baking sheet for this baked tofu. The one below is the one I own. It fits perfectly in a toaster oven.
Maple Dijon Baked Tofu
- 14 ounce extra firm tofu drained and pressed
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Mix maple syrup, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper. Slice tofu into large 1/2" slices. Place tofu slices in marinade and marinate for at least an hour to overnight.
- Spread olive oil on a parchment lined baking sheet. Place tofu on top. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes, flip, and bake for another 20 minutes at 400°.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.