This healthy Savory Baked Tofu with Asian flavors works well in a sandwich, stir fry or salad.
This Savory Baked Tofu is a great addition to a salad or sandwich. It’s cheaper than store-bought, is easy to make, and you can control the ingredients.
Many of the store-bought varieties contain wheat, so this is perfect for gluten intolerant people like me.
There’s not much to do besides the mix the marinade and slice the tofu. Everything else is hands-off.
Baked Marinated Tofu
Marinating and baking tofu is a great way to impart flavor. The tofu gets crispy on the outside while staying soft and chewy on the inside.
If you’re trying tofu for the first time, a marinated baked tofu recipe is a good place to start. Not to mention, it’s super easy.This healthy Savory Baked Tofu with Asian flavors works well in a sandwich, stir fry or salad. Click To Tweet
Other Vegan Recipes You Might Like
Ways To Use Savory Baked Tofu
- On a pizza
- Sushi rolls
- Spring rolls
- Buddha Bowl
- With rice or quinoa
- Pasta salad
- In a soup
Tips For Making Savory Baked Tofu
- Drain and press the tofu first. This helps get as much liquid out as possible.
- Marinate the tofu for at least an hour to soak up the flavors.
- Taste as you go and make adjustments, but keep in mind that the tofu won’t taste as strong as the marinade.
- All ovens are different. Check around the 35 minute mark for doneness. Bake until slightly crispy on the edges.
Savory Baked Tofu
Why buy store-bought when it’s so easy to make your own!
*Don’t forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
I love a small baking sheet for this baked tofu. The one below is the one I own. It fits perfectly in a toaster oven.
Savory Baked Tofu
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Mix all ingredients except tofu. Slice drained and pressed tofu into 1/2" rectangles. Place in marinade. Marinate for at least an hour.
- Spread olive oil on a parchment lined baking sheet. Place tofu on top. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes. Flip and bake another 20 minutes, or until slightly crispy on the outside.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.