This healthy Savory Baked Tofu with Asian flavors works well in a sandwich, stir fry or salad.
This Savory Baked Tofu is a great addition to a salad or sandwich. It's cheaper than store-bought, is easy to make, and you can control the ingredients.
Many of the store-bought varieties contain wheat, but this recipe is gluten-free.
There's not much to do besides the mix the marinade and slice the tofu. Everything else is hands-off.
Marinating and baking tofu is a great way to impart flavor. The tofu gets crispy on the outside while staying soft and chewy on the inside.
If you're trying tofu for the first time, a marinated baked tofu recipe is a good place to start. Not to mention, it's super easy.
I've create quite a few baked tofu recipes, including Baked BBQ Tofu, Maple Dijon Baked Tofu, Baked Tofu Fries, and Crispy Baked Tofu with Peanut Sauce.
- On a pizza
- Sushi rolls
- Spring rolls
- Buddha Bowl
- With rice or quinoa
- In a soup
Drain and press extra firm tofu. Mix low sodium gluten-free tamari, mustard, apple cider vinegar, paprika, and sesame oil.
Slice the drained and pressed tofu into squares. Marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Drain and press the extra firm tofu first. This helps get as much liquid out as possible and gives a crispier texture.
- If you don't have a tofu press, you can place tofu on a kitchen towel lined cutting board. I then cover it with part of the towel and place a cast iron skillet on top of it.
- Marinate the tofu for at least an hour to soak up the flavors.
- Taste as you go and make adjustments, but keep in mind that the tofu won't taste as strong as the marinade.
- All ovens are different. Check around the 35 minute mark for doneness. Bake until slightly crispy on the edges.
This recipe will last about 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
Other Vegan Recipes
Why buy store-bought when it's so easy to make your own!
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
I love a small baking sheet for this baked tofu. The one below is the one I own. It fits perfectly in a toaster oven.
Savory Baked Tofu
- 14 ounces extra firm tofu drained and pressed
- 2 tablespoons low sodium gluten free tamari
- 1 teaspoon mustard - I used spicy brown
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Mix all ingredients except tofu. Slice drained and pressed tofu into ½" rectangles. Place in marinade. Marinate for at least an hour.
- Spread olive oil on a parchment lined baking sheet. Place tofu on top. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes. Flip and bake another 20 minutes, or until slightly crispy on the outside.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.
Leave a Reply