This homemade Cashew Milk is rich and creamy! It's super easy to make and you get to control the ingredients.
Making your own plant-based milk is a no-brainer, especially when you read the labels on store-bought milk.
By making your own vegan milk you get to control the consistency as well as how much sweetener goes into it.
The result is a sweet, creamy Cashew Milk you can not only feel good about drinking, but that tastes even better than store-bought.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- It is simple and easy to make.
- It is made with whole-food plant-based ingredients.
- It is rich and creamy.
- Cashews: Only raw cashews will work for this recipe. Do not use roasted cashews.
- Maple syrup: Adds sweetness. You can also use agave syrup, simple syrup, or your favorite sweetener.
- Vanilla extract: Enhances flavors.
- Salt: Enhances sweetness.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
5 Secrets to Vegan Cooking
Free 5 Part Email Series to Elevate Your Vegan Cooking
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Step 1: Add ingredients to a high-speed blender.
Step 2: Blend until smooth and creamy.
- If you want a really thick consistency, start with less water, like if you want to use it as creamer for coffee.
- I like my cashew milk on the sweeter side, so I use the full 3 tablespoons of maple syrup. Start with less and see how you like it.
- If you are using this in a savory recipe, omit the maple syrup and the vanilla extract.
- Cashew milk will separate when stored in the refrigerator. Just give it a shake before using it.
♨️ Can It Be Heated?
Yes, it can! Cashew milk heats up nicely for things like oatmeal or other recipes.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
This homemade cashew milk will last 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
Yes, you can pour cashew milk into an ice cube tray. It will last for several months.
- Soak cashews for at least 4 hours to soften them and for easier digestion. Drain water.*
- Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender or Nutribullet until smooth and creamy.
- Store in the fridge up to 5 days. You may need to shake the bottle before consuming.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.