This homemade Cashew Milk is rich and creamy! It's super easy to make and you get to control the ingredients.
Making your own plant-based milk is a no-brainer, especially when you read the labels on store-bought milks. By making your own vegan milk you get to control the consistency as well as how much sweetener goes into it.
The result is a sweet, creamy Cashew Milk you can not only feel good about drinking, but that tastes even better than store-bought.
- Soak raw cashews in water for at least 4 hours to soften them. This also helps with digestion. If you are in a hurry, you can also boil water and cover the cashews for 15 minutes or longer for a quick soak.
- Drain cashews and mix with water, vanilla extract, salt, and maple syrup in a high speed blender or Nutribullet. If you have a high speed blender, you don't have to soak the cashews first (but you won't get the benefits for digestion). I made this in my Ninja blender when I didn't want to wait for them to soak, and they blended just fine. The milk will be a creamier consistency though if you soak them first.
- If you want a really thick consistency, start with less water, like if you want to use it as creamer for coffee.
- I like my cashew milk on the sweeter side, so I use the full 3 tablespoons of maple syrup. Start with less and see how you like it.
- If you are using this in a savory recipe, omit the maple syrup and the vanilla extract.
- Cashew milk will separate when stored in the refrigerator. Just give it a shake before using.
Since this is a homemade recipe without preservatives like store-bought, this recipe will last about 5 days in the fridge. If you don't think you'll use it up in time, you can freeze it in ice cube trays.
Frozen cashew milk will last several months.
Can It Be Heated?
Yes it can! Cashew milk heats up nicely for things like oatmeal or other recipes.
Other Plant-Based Milk Recipes
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 3 cups water
- 2-3 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- Soak cashews for at least 4 hours to soften them and for easier digestion. Drain water.*
- Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender or Nutribullet until smooth and creamy.
- Store in the fridge up to 5 days. You may need to shake the bottle before consuming.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.
Leave a Reply