Made in minutes with only a few ingredients and no need to strain, this non-dairy Creamy Oat Milk is smooth and rich.
I love recipes that you can make from ingredients in your pantry, don't you? This Creamy Oat Milk is one of those recipes.
I always seem to run out of plant-based milk just when I need some. In times like those I make some from ingredients I have on hand.
This oat milk recipe is cheaper than store-bought and it doesn't have all the additives and preservatives that store-bought has.
You control how much sweetener goes into it. You can make it sugar-free if you want to.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- It is made in minutes and there's no need to strain it!
- It is all-natural and you can the amount of sweetener.
- It is cheaper than store-bought.
- Rolled oats: I used gluten-free rolled oats. Rolled oats blend well and come out creamy.
- Maple syrup: Adds sweetness. You could also use agave syrup, dates, sugar, or your favorite sweetener. You could also add stevia or another sugar-free sweetener to make it sugar-free.
- Vanilla extract: Adds flavor and enhances flavor.
- Salt: Enhances flavors.
- Cold water
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
5 Secrets to Vegan Cooking
Free 5 Part Email Series to Elevate Your Vegan Cooking
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
- Blend for 20-30 seconds; over-blending gives a slimy texture.
- If you want to use this for creamer, start with less water.
- I adjust the amount of maple syrup depending on how I use it. I like my oat milk on the sweeter side for coffee and cereal but prefer less sweetener for a smoothie. Start with less and see how you like it.
- Oat milk will separate when stored in the fridge. Just give it a shake before using it.
- Don't heat it up with your coffee; it will become slimy. Instead, add cold oat milk to your hot coffee.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
It is really easy to make homemade oat milk. Blend rolled oats, water, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and salt in a blender until smooth and creamy.
This oat milk recipe will last up to 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
Like the coconut bowl that I shot this in? Use code WMOON to get a 10% discount!
Creamy Oat Milk
- Mix all ingredients in a high speed blender. Blend for 20-30 seconds; over blending gives a slimy texture.
- Strain if desired and store in the fridge. Shake before serving.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.