This No-Bake Vegan Cheesecake with Raw Pie Crust comes together quickly and easily. Made with cashews, it is sweet, rich, and creamy.
With only eight ingredients, this No-Bake Vegan Cheesecake with Raw Pie Crust is super easy to make. It is rich and creamy with a slight tangy flavor from lemon juice.
Made with raw cashews instead of vegan cream cheese like my Creamy Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake, it is a healthy treat. The raw pie crust recipe is made with only two ingredients (plus salt) and is gluten-free.
Drizzle some melted chocolate on top or top it with fresh raspberries or strawberries. A fruit compote on top would also be good.
It's perfect for get-togethers because you can make it ahead of time, freeze it, and serve it when you are ready!
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Walnuts: Adds a nutty flavor and balances out sweetness.
- Dates: Adds a sweet flavor and helps crust stick together.
- Salt: Enhances flavors.
- Cashews: Has a neutral flavor and creamy texture.
- Sweetened condensed coconut milk: Adds a creamy consistency and sweet rich flavor. You can also use sweetened condensed oat milk.
- Lemon juice: Adds a tangy flavor.
- Vanilla extract: Enhances flavors.
- Coconut oil: Helps the mixture solidify.
- Salt: Enhances sweetness.
5 Secrets to Transforming Tofu
FREE 5 part email series to help you cook tofu like a pro.
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Step 1: Soak dates in hot water. Drain the water.
In a food processor, combine walnuts, dates, and salt. Pulse until the mixture forms a ball and sticks together.
Step 2: Pour walnut mixture into a pan, pressing down as you spread it. You can line the pan with parchment paper if you like, but I found it unnecessary. I was able to lift up a slice of cheesecake without it sticking.
Place in the freezer for about 15 minutes to firm up.
Step 3: Soak cashews in water for 4 hours. If you are in a hurry you can soak cashews in hot water for 15 minutes. Drain water.
Step 4: In a food processor combine cashews, sweetened condensed coconut milk, lemon juice, vanilla extract, coconut oil, and salt. Blend until batter is smooth and creamy.
Step 5: Pour into crust. Freeze for 3-4 hours to set for the firmest texture.
After the vegan cheesecake has been chilling in the freezer, it can be stored in the refrigerator or freezer.
🥧 Cheesecake Pans
A springform pan (a pan with a removable bottom) works best because you can remove the bottom when the cheesecake has set, but if you don't have one that's okay.
Since this is a no-bake cheesecake recipe, a glass pie dish or ceramic pie pan would also work. Just keep in mind the width and depth of the pan.
My pie pan was 8 ½" wide and 1 ½" deep. If you have an 8" pan that is deeper, that will work too.
The cheesecake and raw pie crust will be slightly thicker. If you have a 9" pie pan, the cheesecake and pie crust will be thinner. You could always add more dates and walnuts if you want a thicker pie crust.
This dairy-free cheesecake recipe will last up to 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
❄️ Can I Freeze It?
Yes! You can store this vegan cheesecake in the freezer. It will last several months. Place the whole cheesecake or individual slices in plastic wrap, then place in a freezer safe bag or container.
📖 Variations / Additions
- Other nuts for the raw pie crust: almonds, pecans
- Graham cracker crust
- Sweetened condensed oat milk
- Melted chocolate chips: I melted semi-sweet chocolate chips in the microwave at 30 second intervals.
- Fresh berries: strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries
- Raspberry Compote
- Chocolate sauce
🍦 Other No-Bake Vegan Desserts
This no-bake vegan cheesecake recipe is perfect for get-togethers because you can make it ahead of time and freeze it.
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
No-Bake Vegan Cheesecake
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 11.25 ounces sweetened condensed coconut milk
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- Pinch salt
- In a food processor mix dates, walnuts, and salt until ball forms.
- Spread crust mixture into a pan and press down. My pan was 8 ½" wide and 1 ½" deep*. Place in the freezer for about 15 minutes.
- Soak cashews for 4 hours. If you're in a hurry you can soak cashews in hot water for 15 minutes. Drain water.
- Mix filling cashews, sweetened condensed coconut milk, lemon juice, vanilla extract, coconut oil, and salt in a high speed blender or food processor until smooth and creamy.
- Pour filling into crust. Freeze for 3-4 hours to set. Store in fridge or freezer.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.
Leave a Reply