These Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Stuffed Dates taste like a Snickers bar. Made with sweetened condensed coconut milk, they're sweet and rich.
These Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Stuffed Dates are easy to make with whole food ingredients. Medjool dates are stuffed with sweetened condensed coconut milk mixed with peanut butter.
On top of the sweet peanut butter mixture, they are stuffed with roasted and salted peanuts, and coated in melted chocolate. Then, more roasted and salted peanuts are sprinkled on top.
They taste similar to a Snickers bar, but in a healthier form. Give them as a gift or freeze them and eat them as a snack when a craving for a sweet treat arises.These Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Stuffed Dates taste like a Snickers bar. Made with sweetened condensed coconut milk, they're sweet and rich. Click To Tweet
Other Chocolate Desserts
- Cherry Filled Chocolates
- No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- Chocolate Coffee Truffles
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Bites
How To Make This Recipe
In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine natural peanut butter, sweetened condensed coconut milk, and salt.
Simmer until melted. Remove from heat and let cool.
Pour into a plastic wrap lined container and place in the freezer or fridge to set.
*Note: The photo below shows a larger amount of peanut butter and sweetened condensed coconut milk than the recipe calls for.
I made a half batch of my Vegan Peanut Butter Fudge (which is used in this recipe) so that I could use up the sweetened condensed coconut milk. You could make a whole batch of that recipe, and use the amount needed for this recipe.
Slice each date with a sharp knife down the middle, making sure to only slice the top. Roll a teaspoonful of peanut butter filling in your hands and stuff into a date. Repeat with the rest of the dates.
Top with a half teaspoonful of chopped roasted and salted peanuts. Press down so they stay put.
Melt the semi-sweet chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl over a small saucepan with a couple of inches of water. (Alternatively, you can melt at 30 second intervals in the microwave).
Dip each stuffed date into the chocolate and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Sprinkle chopped roasted and salted peanuts on top of each date.
Place in the fridge to set.
How Long Do They Last?
These peanut butter stuffed dates will last up to a week in an airtight container in the fridge.
Can You Freeze These?
Yes, they will last up to 3 months in the freezer.
Variations / Additions
- Crunchy peanut butter
- Other nut butter: almond butter, cashew butter
- Seed butter: sunflower butter, tahini
- Dark chocolate baking chunks
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You May Need:
Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Stuffed Dates
- 10 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips (about 1 ¼ cups)
- 2 teaspoons chopped roasted and salted peanuts
- Pour sweetened condensed coconut milk, peanut butter, and one pinch of salt into a saucepan over medium heat. Stir well to combine. Stirring constantly, bring to a simmer. Remove from heat.
- Pour into a plastic wrap lined container. Place in the freezer to set.
- Slice each date down the middle, making sure to only slice the top.
- Take the peanut butter filling and roll a teaspoonful sized ball in your hands. Stuff into dates.
- Stuff a half teaspoonful of chopped peanuts on top of the peanut butter mixture.
- Place a heat proof bowl over a saucepan filled with water (or use a double boiler). Pour the chocolate chips in the bowl over medium heat.
- Stirring constantly, heat chocolate mixture until smooth and melted.
- Line a baking sheet or plate with parchment paper. One by one, dip the stuffed dates into the melted chocolate. Place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with more chopped peanuts.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.