These vegan Date Snickers taste like a Snickers bar. Made with sweetened condensed coconut milk, they're sweet and rich.
These vegan Date Snickers are easy to make with whole food ingredients. Medjool dates are stuffed with sweetened condensed coconut milk mixed with peanut butter.
On top of the sweet peanut butter mixture, the chewy dates are stuffed with roasted and salted peanuts, and coated in melted chocolate. Then, more crunchy peanuts are sprinkled on top.
If Snickers is your favorite candy bar, these are a great alternative. They taste similar to a Snickers candy bar but in a healthier form. They don't have all the refined sugar that Snickers have.
Give them as a gift or freeze them and eat them as a snack when a craving for a sweet treat arises.
And if you are a big peanut butter fan, try my African Peanut Stew recipe. It is rich and comforting.
❤️ Why You'll Love Them
- They taste like Snickers but are vegan and made with dates.
- They're sweet and rich. They'll satisfy your sweet tooth.
- This easy recipe makes the perfect bite-sized snack or dessert.
- Dates: I used pitted Medjool dates. Use your favorite variety. Just make sure to remove the pits and hard bits.
- Sweetened condensed coconut milk: Adds a sweet rich creamy flavor. You could also use sweetened condensed oat milk or maple syrup.
- Peanut butter: I used all-natural creamy peanut butter. You could also use shelf-stable peanut butter. If you have a peanut allergy you could use another nut butter or seed butter.
- Peanuts: I used roasted and salted peanuts.
- Salt: Enhances sweetness. I like to use sea salt. (I didn't count salt as an ingredient because it's a given.)
- Chocolate chips: I used semi-sweet chocolate chips. You could also use dark chocolate baking chunks.
To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
📖 Variations / Additions
- Crunchy peanut butter
- Nut butter: almond butter, cashew butter
- Seed butter: sunflower butter, tahini
- Dark chocolate baking chunks
- Coconut oil mixed in the chocolate
- Sprinkle of flaky salt on top
5 Secrets to Vegan Cooking
Free 5 Part Email Series to Elevate Your Vegan Cooking
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Step 1: In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine natural peanut butter, sweetened condensed coconut milk, and salt.
Simmer until melted. Remove from heat and let cool.
Step 2: Pour into a plastic wrap-lined container and place in the freezer or fridge to set.
*Note: The photo above shows a larger amount of peanut butter and sweetened condensed coconut milk than the recipe calls for.
I made a half batch of my Vegan Peanut Butter Fudge (which is used in this recipe) so that I could use up the sweetened condensed coconut milk. You could make a whole batch of that recipe, and use the amount needed for this recipe.
Step 3: Slice each date with a sharp knife down the middle, making sure to only slice the top.
Step 4: Roll a teaspoon-sized spoonful of peanut butter filling in your hands and stuff into the center of the date. Repeat with the rest of the dates.
Step 5: Top with a half teaspoonful of chopped peanuts. Press down so they stay put.
Step 6: Melt the semi-sweet chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl over a small saucepan with a couple of inches of water. (Alternatively, you can melt at 30-second increments in a microwave-safe bowl in the microwave).
Step 7: With a spoon, dip each stuffed date into the chocolate, holding it above the bowl so the excess chocolate can drip down. Place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
Step 8: For the final step, sprinkle crushed peanuts on top of each date. Place the chocolate-covered dates in the fridge to set.
These peanut butter stuffed dates will last up to a week in an airtight container in the fridge.
❄️ Can I Freeze Them?
Yes, they will last up to 3 months in the freezer. Make a big batch so you can have peanut butter dates whenever a craving for a sweet snack hits.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
Dates go well with both sweet and savory ingredients. For these snicker dates, I stuffed the dates with a combination of peanut butter, sweetened condensed coconut milk, and roasted peanuts, then covered them in chocolate. They taste similar to a Snickers bar.
If you tried this Date Snickers Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Easy 5 Ingredient Date Snickers
- 10 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips (about 1 ¼ cups)
- 2 teaspoons chopped roasted and salted peanuts
- Pour sweetened condensed coconut milk, peanut butter, and one pinch of salt into a saucepan over medium heat. Stir well to combine. Stirring constantly, bring to a simmer. Remove from heat.
- Pour into a plastic wrap lined container. Place in the freezer to set.
- Slice each date down the middle, making sure to only slice the top.
- Take the peanut butter filling and roll a teaspoonful sized ball in your hands. Stuff into dates.
- Stuff a half teaspoonful of chopped peanuts on top of the peanut butter mixture.
- Place a heat proof bowl over a saucepan filled with water (or use a double boiler). Pour the chocolate chips in the bowl over medium heat.
- Stirring constantly, heat chocolate mixture until smooth and melted.
- Line a baking sheet or plate with parchment paper. One by one, dip the stuffed dates into the melted chocolate. Place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with more chopped peanuts.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.