These No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars are an easy foolproof dessert. Made with only 5 ingredients, they are sweet and rich.
If you're looking for some decadent bars that are hard to put down, you've come to the right place!
These No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars are sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
They are sweet and rich. These bars are one of my favorite desserts I've made so far.
Peanut butter and chocolate are my favorite go-to combo for desserts, but these are beyond my favorite combo good! Another peanut butter and chocolate combination is my Snicker Dates.
They are also hard to put down. Check out my Edible Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough if you need a cookie dough fix.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- They are sweet and rich.
- They are easy to make.
- They are perfect for a get-together.
- Peanut butter: I used all-natural peanut butter. You could also use shelf-stable peanut butter.
- Sweetened condensed coconut milk: Adds a rich, sweet, creamy flavor. You could also use sweetened condensed oat milk. It also tastes great in my Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge recipe.
- Rice crisp cereal: I used brown rice crisp cereal. You could also use white rice crisp cereal.
- Salt: Enhances sweetness. I like to use sea salt.
- Chocolate chips: You could also use dark chocolate baking chunks.
- Coconut oil: Helps the chocolate harder and adds a glossy shine. You could leave it out. You will need it for coating the baking dish though.
To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
📖 Variations / Additions
- Almond butter, cashew butter, sunflower seed butter
- Chocolate chips folded in instead of a chocolate layer on top
- Roasted peanuts folded in
- Maple syrup or agave syrup instead of sweetened condensed coconut milk
Step 1: Add peanut butter to a saucepan over medium heat.
Step 2: Add sweetened condensed coconut milk. Cook until melted. Add salt.
Step 3: Add rice crisp cereal. Mix thoroughly.
Step 4: Pour into a baking dish that's been greased with coconut oil.
Step 5: Pat down to condense the bars. Refrigerate 2-3 hours.
Step 6: Pour chocolate chips into a heat-safe bowl. Place over a saucepan that has a couple of inches of water in it. This will act as a double boiler. (If you have a double boiler, use that.)
Step 7: Melt the chocolate chips, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat and add coconut oil. Mix thoroughly.
Step 8: Pour over the peanut butter layer. Place in the fridge to set, about 2 hours.
- It can be hard this time of year to find certain items in the grocery store, and with shipping delays, even harder. If you can't find sweetened condensed coconut milk you can use sweetened condensed oat milk. I tried both when making this recipe.
- You could also try homemade sweetened condensed coconut milk, which I don't yet have a recipe for, but there are plenty online.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
These no-bake vegan bars will last about a week in an airtight container in the fridge.
Since these chocolate peanut butter bars contain sweetened condensed coconut milk they need to be refrigerated.
If you tried this No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
Peanut Butter Layer
Peanut Butter Layer
- Oil 7 ½" x 9 ½" baking dish (or similar size) with coconut oil.
- Melt peanut butter, sweetened condensed coconut milk, and salt in a pan on medium-heat until melted and well combined.
- Place in the refrigerator to set, about 1-2 hours.
- Melt chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl over a pan with a couple inches of water. This will act as a double boiler. (If you have a double boiler, use that.)
- Heat on low until melted. Add coconut oil. Mix well.
- Pour over peanut butter layer. Place in the refrigerator to set, about 1-2 hours.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.