These Vegan Peanut Butter Balls are dangerously good! Made with powdered sugar, vegan butter, and dark chocolate, they're sure to please!
These Vegan Peanut Butter Balls are truly difficult to put down! They are made with the same ingredients as buckeyes (in vegan form). The difference is these are dipped completely in chocolate instead of partially.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Peanut butter: I used all natural creamy peanut butter. You can also use shelf stable peanut butter.
- Vegan butter: Helps bind it together and adds a buttery flavor.
- Powdered sugar: Dissolves into the peanut butter and adds sweetness.
- Vanilla extract: Enhances flavors.
- Salt: Enhances flavors.
- Chocolate: I used vegan dark chocolate baking chunks. You could also use vegan chocolate chips.
- Coconut oil: Adds sheen and helps the chocolate melt faster.
Step 1: Mix peanut butter and vegan butter in a medium bowl. Melt vegan butter if needed.
Step 2: Add powder confectioners sugar, vanilla extract, and salt. Place mixture in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
Step 3: Roll dough into balls and place back in the refrigerator.
Step 4: Melt chocolate in either a heatproof bowl over water or in the microwave at 30 second intervals until melted.
Step 5: Add coconut oil.
Step 6: With a fork, dip peanut butter balls into chocolate, letting the excess chocolate drip off, and place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Place in the fridge or freezer.
- I used natural peanut butter for this recipe. Since there is a decent amount of vegan butter in these, you can get away with using all natural peanut butter.
- After mixing the peanut butter filling, place in the fridge so that it's easier to roll into balls.
Vegan Peanut Butter Balls will last up to 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge or a few months in the freezer.
- Other nut butters: cashew butter, almond butter, hazelnut butter
- Sunflower seed butter
- Maple syrup or agave syrup
🥜 Other Peanut Butter Recipes
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Vegan Peanut Butter Balls
Peanut Butter Filling
- 1 cup peanut butter
- ½ cup vegan butter at room temperature - I used Earth Balance
- 1 ½ cups powdered confectioners sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 12 ounces dark chocolate chunks or chocolate chips (2 ¼ cups)
- 1 teapsoon coconut oil
Peanut Butter Filling
- Mix peanut butter and room temperature vegan butter. Melt vegan butter if needed.
- Add powdered confectioners sugar, vanilla extract, and salt. Place in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Roll into balls and place back in the fridge.
- Melt chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan with a couple of inches of water. (This will act as a double boiler.) You can also melt the chocolate in the microwave at 30 second intervals until melted.
- Add coconut oil to chocolate.
- Using a fork, dip peanut butter balls into chocolate and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Place in the fridge or freezer. Store in fridge or freezer.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.
Leave a Reply