This healthy Chocolate Overnight Oats Without Chia Seeds is made in minutes. It's perfect for hectic weekdays or on the go.
Chocolate for breakfast, yes, please! Some days just call for a sweet chocolaty breakfast. For those days I make Chocolate Overnight Oats.
It's hearty and filling while satisfying my sweet tooth. It's the perfect make-ahead breakfast for people who love to meal prep.
To add some protein and fiber, I sometimes add chia seeds. For this oatmeal recipe, I did not.
- Rolled oats: Old fashioned rolled oats work best for overnight oats. They get soft enough while not being too mushy. Use certified gluten-free oats to make sure it is gluten-free.
- Cacao powder: Adds a rich chocolaty flavor. You could also use cocoa powder.
- Maple syrup: I used maple syrup because it is one of my favorite sweeteners. You could also use agave syrup, dates, brown sugar, white sugar, or a sugar free sweetener.
- Vanilla extract: For flavor.
- Almond milk: I like almond milk because it is rich and creamy. You can use whatever dairy-free milk you like.
- Salt: To enhance the flavors and bring out the sweetness of the maple syrup.
- Chocolate chips: Because why not! For a healthier version, you could use cacao nibs.
5 Secrets to Transforming Tofu
FREE 5 part email series to help you cook tofu like a pro.
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
In a mason jar combine almond milk, rolled oats, cacao powder, maple syrup, and salt. Stir well.
Let sit overnight in the refrigerator. In the morning add chocolate chips to the oats mixture.
You can eat the oatmeal cold or heat it up in a bowl, depending on your tastes.
How Long Do They Need to Soak?
Place the oats in the fridge for a minimum of 3-4 hours up to 72 hours.
- You may want more liquid than I've listed. It all depends upon how chewy of a texture you like. Start with the amount shown and check the consistency in the morning to see if you want more after it's been absorbed.
- For a creamy version with probiotics, use unsweetened vegan yogurt instead of almond milk.
- Add the chocolate chips right before you eat it.
These overnight oats will last up to 3 days in the fridge.
📖 Variations / Additions
- Nut butter: peanut butter, almond butter, or cashew butter
- Vegan yogurt or Vegan Greek yogurt for a thick creamy texture
- Other non-dairy milk: oat milk, soy milk, cashew milk
- Full-fat or light coconut milk
- Chia seeds
- Nuts: pecans, walnuts, almonds
- Vanilla extract
- Almond extract
- Protein powder
- Hemp seeds
- Flax seeds
- Spices: cinnamon, nutmeg
- Apples, bananas, or orange slices
- Berries: blueberries, strawberries, raspberries
You can eat this no-cook oatmeal straight from the fridge or heat it up if you wish. To heat it, remove the lid and microwave at 30 second intervals until warmed to your liking, or warm them in a microwave-safe bowl.
🥣 Other Overnight Oats Recipes
This vegan overnight oats recipe is a sweet hearty healthy breakfast.
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
🧂 You May Need
Chocolate Overnight Oats Without Chia Seeds
- Place rolled oats, almond milk, cacao powder, maple syrup, and salt in a mason jar. Let sit overnight.
- Top oats with chocolate chips.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.