Chocolate for breakfast, yes, please! This easy homemade Chocolate Coconut Granola is a healthy treat.
I have to make a confession. I created this granola as an excuse to eat more vegan chocolate.
2020 has been my year of chocolate. I've made a bunch of desserts with chocolate including Vegan Black Bean Brownies, Vegan Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies, Vegan Chocolate Pudding, and Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge.
2020 has also been my year of Angela Roi vegan handbags, but that's another story.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- It is sweet and chocolaty.
- It is simple and easy to make.
- You control the amount of sweetener.
- Rolled oats: I used gluten-free rolled oats.
- Cacao powder (or cocoa powder): Adds chocolate flavor.
- Maple syrup: Adds sweetness. You could also use agave syrup.
- Coconut oil: Adds a coconut flavor. To coat the ingredients for baking.
- Vanilla extract: Enhances flavors.
- Salt: Enhances sweetness.
- Coconut flakes (sliced coconut): You could also use more shredded coconut.
- Shredded coconut: You could also use more coconut flakes.
- Chocolate chips: You could also use dark chocolate baking chunks.
To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Step 1: Mix cacao powder, maple syrup, vanilla extract, coconut oil, and salt. Add rolled oats and mix well.
Step 2: Spread oats on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
Step 3: Bake for 15 minutes, stir, and bake 10 minutes.
Step 4: Add coconut flakes and shredded coconut and bake 5 minutes more.
Let cool and add chocolate chips.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
This chocolate granola is made with rolled oats, maple syrup, cacao powder, coconut oil, vanilla extract, coconut, chocolate chips, and salt.
Yes, you can add plant-based milk and eat it as cereal or eat it by the handful. You can also add it to trail mix.
Other Vegan Granola Recipes
If you tried this Chocolate Coconut Granola Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Chocolate Coconut Granola
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Mix cacao powder, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and salt. Add rolled oats and mix well.
- Spread granola on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes at 325°F. Stir and bake another 10 minutes.
- Add finely shredded coconut and coconut flakes. Bake another 5 minutes. Let cool.
- Add chocolate chips.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.