This Chai Overnight Oats is made with warming chai spices. It's an easy healthy breakfast that is perfect for on the go.
Chai Overnight Oats is a healthy hearty breakfast that the whole family will love. Made with chai spices and maple syrup, it feels like you're eating dessert.
Add some chopped fruit and nuts for more nutrients. Make it with black tea for a chai tea latte overnight oats.
You can even make frozen fruit overnight oats with your favorite frozen fruit.
- Gluten-free rolled oats: Old-fashioned rolled oats work best for overnight oats. They get soft enough while not being too mushy.
- Chai spice mix: Adds warming spices.
- Maple syrup: I used maple syrup because it is one of my favorite sweeteners. You could also use agave syrup, dates, brown sugar, white sugar, or a sugar-free sweetener.
- Vanilla extract: For flavor.
- Oat milk: I like oat milk because it is rich and creamy. You can use whatever dairy-free milk you like.
- Salt: To enhance the flavors and bring out the sweetness of the maple syrup.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
📖 Variations / Additions
- Half black tea, half oat milk
- Half black tea and half coffee
- Almond milk or other plant-based milk
- Coconut yogurt or other vegan yogurt
- Chocolate chips
- Cacao powder or cocoa powder
- Nut butter
- Vegan yogurt
- Chia seeds
- Nuts: pecans, walnuts, almonds
- Protein powder
- Hemp seeds
- Flax seeds
- Berries, banana, or other fruit (fresh or frozen)
5 Secrets to Transforming Tofu
FREE 5 part email series to help you cook tofu like a pro.
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Step 1: In a mason jar, mix rolled oats and oat milk. Let the mixture sit overnight.
Step 2: In the morning, add chai spice mix, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and salt. Stir to combine.
How Long Do They Need to Soak?
Place them in the fridge for a minimum of 3-4 hours up to 72 hours.
- You may want more liquid than I've listed. Start with the amount shown and check the consistency in the morning to see if you want more after it's been absorbed.
- If you're in a hurry you can use chai tea instead of chai spice mix.
- For a chai latte overnight oats and for an energy boost, make it with half black tea and half oat milk.
- For a dirty chai latte overnight oats, make it with half black tea and half coffee.
- Start with less chai spice and maple syrup to see how you like. You can always add more, but you can't take it away.
You can eat these overnight oats straight from the fridge or heat them up if you wish. To heat them, remove the lid and microwave at 30 second intervals until warmed to your liking.
🥣 Other Overnight Oats Recipes
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Chai Overnight Oats
- Add all the ingredients to a mason jar or other container. Mix well.
- Let sit overnight.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.