These Homemade Gluten Free Bread Crumbs add a crunchy texture to dishes. Made with vegan sourdough bread, they have a sour tangy flavor.
These Homemade Gluten Free Bread Crumbs add a crispy crunchy texture to anything you add them to. They can be used in fried or baked dishes.
I made these DIY bread crumbs with my latest favorite bread, a sour dough bread. You can use whatever your favorite is.
- Slice bread into cubes.
- Place cubed bread into a food processor. Pulse to the desired consistency.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then flip. Bake another 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown and dry to the touch.
Stored in an airtight container, these bread crumbs will last up to a week in the pantry or fridge, and for several months in the freezer.
Since they are homemade they don't last as long as store-bought. The type of bread you use could make a difference as well.
You may find a bread that lasts longer than the one I used. After a couple of weeks the bread crumbs were starting to taste a little stale.
Can I Use a Frozen Bread?
The bread I buy comes frozen, so that's what I used. Make sure to completely thaw the bread in the fridge before making this recipe.
Variations / Additions
- Italian seasoning
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Dried parsley
- Dried thyme
- Cayenne pepper
- Nutritional yeast
- The type of bread you use will effect results. I used a vegan gluten free sour dough bread. After baking it halfway through, it tended to stick to itself. It's difficult to find good vegan gluten free bread, and this is my favorite so far.
- Cut off the crusts for a uniform color, if desired.
- Process the bread crumbs again in a food processor after baking to get a finer consistency.
- To make bread crumbs without a food processor, place cubed bread into a plastic bag and roll a rolling pin over the bag to crush them into a fine consistency.
Other Vegan Gluten Free Recipes
- Tofu Ricotta Stuffed Breadsticks
- Roasted Tomato Bruschetta
- Baked Vegan Onion Rings
- Super Crispy Vegan Tempura
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Homemade Gluten Free Bread Crumbs
- 3 cups cubed vegan gluten free bread - I used sour dough
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- Add cubed bread to a food processor. Pulse to a desired consistency.
- Transfer bread crumbs to a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake at 300° for 10 minutes.
- Flip bread crumbs, and bake another 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown and dry to the touch.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.
Leave a Reply